Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Thank you for the hug @Former-Member, need that at the moment 😟 

In the middle of a crisis at the moment. Was ready to call for help before but things settled a bit when I made it clear that I would be making a call. Just waiting to see which way things go. If things dont improve may need to go to the hospital. They have refused to help in the past so reluctant. 

sending you hugs @Determined HeartHeart

@Rose96, thank you xx,

Mr Shaz is saying he is having dizzy spells and feeling lightheaded this week ,might have to make a doctors appointment

@Former-Member xx no Mr Shaz is doing the reduction of the meds by himself

Hello @Anony18, @Former-Member, sending you hugs HeartHeart

This afternoon from 1pm to 5 pm , i saw the dietician, the doctor and the chemist

Things have settled for the moment @Shaz51, night time meds have sent hed to sleep. Anxious about what tomorrow will bring. 

Hey @Determined
Here for you Bro
Have you got an emergency plan in place that you can activate?
If nothing written are you able to concentrate enough to write a list as to how best to tackle things?

No emergency plan @Former-Member 😞

Have locked all the meds away and have the key on me, that is the buggest risk at the moment.

Was close to calling an ambulance before but things settled when I put that solution forward. Cant really call the pdoc now untill Tuesday and she wont willingly go to emergency because last time they made a big deal about wasting their time. 

She is asleep now (evening med does that), dont know what to do about tomorrow. She was at the hospital today and spoke to the mh nurse about how things were going, nurse is going to contact pdoc but probably wont be able to get him till next Wednesday. (That solution was acceptable this afternoon). All went downhill fasf after we got home 😟  has z  cold that is really knocking her around and i think the full day out was too much for her. 

Hope it is not too much talking about this when you are also worried about mr Darcy

All OK to talk @Determined
Is it Friday grandparent school run in morning?
Is there anything you can go tonight that would save stress in morning (ie set table for brekky now, get school lunches ready)

Thanks @Former-Member

Yes it is grandy day tomorrow, even if it wasnt i could call them in,

Darling has made school lunches, she usually does them the night before, even in the midst of her upset that is something she feels she needs to show her love for them, i offered to give her the night off but she refused. I was probably good for her to focus on. She also put a load of washing through, 

She has a small cleaning job to do in the morning also, Was reluctant to let her go but she assures me the lady will be home so should be ok. I will have to assess that in the morning if she is even up for it. At the moment there are more positives in letting her go. 

Mr Darcy gets cranky too if he feels I am taking over his jobs @Determined. Have you a drier
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance