Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Self harming

My anxiety can make me so nauseous that I don't eat for days (I think I've been weeks with only water or alcohol when I was drinking). Now when this happens (I don't drink alcohol at all anymore), I'll eat whatever I feel like the most - whether it be chocolate, a hot dog, McDonalds - it doesn't matter so long as I eat something.
Still try the things I've suggested, they are distracting techniques, meant to get your mind back to reality, keep you grounded.
Hang in there, you are strong - you've made it this far, right?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Movin1 Yeah i feel that too some days or i am just too tired/don't enjoy it or remember bad things and hate myself for it. When i don't eat i feel clearer. Thank you yeah still breathing

Hi @worried1

I know you mentioned before that you might be interested in some support groups!

If you feel like it, you can enquire with these organisations. They may have groups for specific conditions or target populations, the best thing is contacting the group directly to just ask.

Grow

https://www.grow.org.au/wa/

Beyond blue

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/suicide-prevention/helpful-contacts-and-websites/support-gro...

Your local GP, or community mental health service may know more - I can't get their contact details as we like to keep members' personal details private and protected, but local health services are usually a really good source! Smiley Happy

@Scout thanks for the info. I really appricate it😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance