Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Self harming

@Former-Member yep deleted. can't mention treatment or the b word. sorry my fault

Hi @worried1 and @Former-Member

I know the thread will look a bit weird now, and I've sent you both an email with more details. If you have any queries about it, feel free to reply to it or email team@saneforums.org

Scout Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@worried1 😑🤦🏻‍♀️opps sorry hun

@Former-Member did u get the email?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@worried1 i will check it now
Former-Member
Not applicable

@worried1 Got it.
@Scout I understand thanks

@Former-Member @Scout sorry for over sharing my bad
Former-Member
Not applicable

@worried1 @Scout i did too sorry 😞
I can understand why it has to be removed

wreck, I do some self harming things, Re: Self harming

Hi Trainwreck, I identify with self harm, and have recently read about some tricks and tips to try to distract onseself from following through with something that may be harmful. One really easy thing to do is when you have the urge to do something, go to your freezer, get out some ice cubes and hold them in your hand. Feel them, feel the sensation of the ice and the cold and how it makes your skin feel. Then make yourself a hot cuppa, and hold the mug - feel how the heat of the mug makes your hands feel, how the heat travels on your skin and the sensations. Alternate if you can, or simply do one of those things. Mostly we do this because we're looking for a reality, something real - and feeling pain is something real. People with BPD often get into states where we dissociate, and self harming is a way to get back. These tricks may be able to hlep you. Please let me know if you have any success with them. 

I was a bit lost last week, and couldn't seem to find my way back to reality, and I did the ice cubes, and it seemed to help me a lot. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @MovinOn1
Thanks for responding. Mine is more to do with eating.I am not too sure what i can say on here as posts were recently deleted
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance