Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Thank you @Lauz

Thanks everyone.

I missed out on the last bit of discussion (sorry) - had to speak to Sane Helpline.

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Its that time of the night everyone - time to finish off but don't worry its not the end. There are a few fun threads around the forums around this topic ( EVERYTHING DOGS EVERYTHING CATS!! ) and either myself or one of the community guides will tag you all into a new thread tomorrow that continues on this specific theme for those that want to keep sharing and discussing! 

Thanks to everyone (and their pets/animals) here for getting involved tonight – its been so fun to discuss the wonderful priveledge of animals in our lives and the impact they have on our wellbeing. You have all shared such wonderful insights and even strategies around connecting with animals! a big HUGE THANK YOU!!! @Former-Member @frog @Snowie @Maggie @CheerBear @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Adge @cutiepiekitty @Scoo @IZZE51 @outlander here are a bunch of cute animal thank yous to send you off for the evening too hehehe

images.jpgdownload-13.jpgdownload-12.jpgdownload-11.jpgc0e9fb02e92270d76ee8090084f7f5ef.jpg

Thank you @Lauz  and everyone here tonight who made it the success todays Topic Tuesday has been.

Also here is another thread about the benefits of having pets .. one I opened a few years ago, and well worth resurrecting and dusting off.  I hope I have the link correct. Its all about what we covered tonight, and more.

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Pets-as-therapy-and-for-our-wellbeing/td-p/114231

Image result for meerkat thank you

Sherry 🐈🐶🐟🐦🦅

Coming in a bit late as we had a dinner invitation to go to ... @CheerBear  let us know when you are ready.

dog health 50.jpgdog health 48.jpg

dog health 2.jpg

dog health 30.jpgdog health 28.jpgdog health 29.jpg

Walking the dog has been a postive thing for me & Mr Darcy who has BPii. 

Our dogs have been so very important in his recovery.

dog health 36.pngdog health 37 (2).jpg

If you are not able to have a dog but want K9 company, you can volunteer as a dog walker to help those who are unable to walk their own dogs.

Who needs an alarm clock when you have a dog??

dog health 32 (2).jpgdog health 25.jpgdog health 24.jpg

@BlueBay  feeling the love from your dog

dog health 43.jpgdog health 14.jpgdog health 11.jpgdog health 13.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance