Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Hi @IZZE51 

@Adge Woowoo sounds wonderful Smiley Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

I get a lot of smiles and greetings while walking my dog, @Lauz  A distant kind of connection with people.

Seriously cool @Snowie!

Even spending time with tiny animals, like watching a butterfly fluttering around or a caterpillar (I caught the coolest dancing caterpillar in our driveway one time - the sun was rising behind it so it cast a big dancing shadow on the concrete!) or a trail of busy ants can be very grounding.

I agree @cutiepiekitty. Sometimes I think they can see straight into my soul!

Oh thats lovely @IZZE51  - we have quite a few cat owners here tonight so you are in good company. Its great that they help you through the good and the bad too- is there anything you have found they do when you are feeling bad that helps?

I'm going to move onto the next question shortly everyone, so stick with me 😊

download-4.jpg

@Maggie thats also a lovely point - sometimes animals in any setting can provide a great ice breaker between people or just add a bit of an easier way to connect and get some social time!

I also get joy from seeing others getting joy from my dog when we walk past and they want to pat her. 

download-5.jpg

IMG_20200127_100552.jpgWhat happens when he does not want me doing things like colouring

Is @Valentine here tonight?

I know you joined the forum last week with this Topic Tuesday about pets specifically in mind. @Lauz 

Good tag @Former-Member hopefully @Valentine can join us or otherwise read back over this later and join in on one of the other animal threads (I'll share them at the end!) 

I thought it could be cool to take a different angle at the impact of animals in our lifes and look at our....SPIRIT ANIMALS! (just for a bit of fun) 

What animal do you relate to and why? Sometimes reflecting on what kind of animal we might like to be can help us feel strong, motivated or it might just be a nice activity! 

So for me, aside from my own pet dog when I think about my own personality or the person I want to be rather, I like to relate to the qualities of a tiger – I love big cats, I find them calm, strong with great style and have a great value and love for their community. 

animal-animal-photography-big-big-cat-572861.jpg

@cutiepiekitty that is so funny! What a cheeky boy 😁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance