Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling Angry

@Determined I don't know how you do it, i've lived with my partner for all of 6 months and my mental health has declined to the point of me having to leave, although i spent 12 years in a marriage that was also toxic but in other ways so i guess i know what i will and won't allow myself to go through 😞 you are a very very strong person, ive read your entire blog so far and its amazing what you go through and still come out at the end of the day with some form of hope etc.

@Snowflake86, I honestly don't know how I do it either. A big part of it is I am stubborn and not a quitter but mostly out of love. Despite how difficult things are I do still love my wife.

Having children is also a source of strength for me, one child in particular is emotionally dependant on our family staying together. For me my childrens wellbeing and happiness needs to come before my own.

My mental and subsequently physical health has definatly suffered as a result of our situation but I am working on utilising supports and maintaing self care to combat that. 

I really hope things work out for you and your family. 

Yes I do completely understand you with your children, I guess they are my main concern because I'm not being able to look after them properly and I have put them in this environment which they are not used to, meaning more breakdowns for my daughter and my sons anger is exploding. Thankyou for your kind wishes and I hope you really utilise all supports and keep yourself healthy for your family, I truly commend you.

It has been quite awhile since I have been on the forums, so much has been going on, things have been progressing with my partner and his BPD... We have had many transparent chats about behaviour, things that help and don't help and ultimately putting together a time line from his limited memories (childhood till now) and the events that have occurred that he can remember.
We are trying to figure out what happened to him as a child since his memories are blocked until a certain age.
Has anyone else done this kind of timeline before?
Also wondering if anyone has had any luck with unlocking memories? He has a gut feeling something rather nasty happened but can't remember anything before about 6 or 7 yrs old...
I've added myself to a Clinical Depression group (for myself) and have read that quite a lot of people have found ECT has stopped suicidal thoughts pretty much completely, it's something I want to bring up with the Mental Health team but also wanted to see if anyone from here has known of it to help with BPD suicidal thoughts? Not sure if they come from the same part of the brain or different altogether.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Snowflake86

There are a number of scholarly articles on the efficacy of ECT in patients with BPD that can be readily accessed on the internet, there are also numerous references as to how long the effect lasts.

These are the guidelines that your partners mental health team would likely be following:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://bpdfoundation.org.au/images/mh25_bord...

This is a print out of a power point of a talk given by NEA BPD that may also be of help to you in understanding treatment algorithms that are used.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.co...

Hello @Snowflake86, how are you today Heart

Hello @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 Hi
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance