Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Asking for help

@Vee- it is so great to hear such a postive experience. How great are forum friends? Having peers who can help encourgae and support you to connect to help is just so powerful. Well done for connecitng and reaching out!

Also to all in this thread as an update, in following up with PANDA, as @Teej  mentioned there are two accounts which isn't necessary. and the second one was set up as a one off for an event. To confirm, moving forward, PANDA's account is actually the @PANDA account and PANDA_2 was closed to avoid anymore confusion. If you do see a post or want to refer PANDA to a member feel free to tag them via @PANDA and they will endevour to post replies within buisness hours! 👍🏼

Apologies all - that was me above ☝️

I don’t know where to go and I just need to get this out somewhere so I’m just posting here for myself to let it out. 2am and baby is sleeping but I can’t sleep I’m crying no reason just feel so down I just keep thinking I  just don’t want to be here anymore and I need help but nobody can help I called panda and I was temporarily better but I’m back to not good so help doesn’t help. I just want to go. With baby too 😭 I want to let hubby know I’m not okay but I’m afraid he will think I’m overreacting and just say whatever you’re okay stop being dramatic. 😭😭 I hope I feel better in the morning 

Kee talking to PANDA @Vee- , again and again, every time you feel this way.  There is help available, and medications that help to keep your emotions balanced, which might mean telling your gp so you can have something prescribed.

PANDA will advise you. You are not alone.

I'm a father of a daughter that is about to turn 11 and has suicidal thoughts. She has self harmed. I don't understand why she feels this way and don't know what to do. I need help on how to help her. Any help is appreciated. 🥺

Hello and welcome @WorriedFather81 

Sending you hugs my friend,  and to let you know you are not alone 

I will tag a few members @Angels333 , @Snowie , @Smc , @Faith-and-Hope 

Hi @WorriedFather81 and welcome to the sane forums.

As someone with suicidal thoughts and has/does self harmed it is hard for those on the sidelines. I can understand your want to help your daughter. I think it is very courageous for you to reach out for help.

Have you tried to get her into seeing a psychologist? 

There is a kids helpline that help kids through all different situations.

Their website is kidshelpline.com.au or phone 1800 55 1800. It is specifically for kids aged 5-25.

Sometimes talking to a professional helps me and as an adult I still will reach out to helplines when I need too. 

You yourself could also ring either SANE or Lifeline to seek some help for yourself too.

I hope this helps a little.

Take care, Snowie.

Hi @Snowie and @WorriedFather81,

Another resource for talking to professionals about your daughter's self-harm and suicidal ideation.

The Suicide Call Back Service is another service where you can talk to counsellors about what you can do. If your daughter is 15y/o or older, she can also contact them herself as a support.

Thinking of you,

tropicalsun

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance