Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Asking for help

Chatted to PANDA today when they rang me. Was a good phone call then they emailed a bunch of GPs and support places/numbers. Don’t know if I will do anything with it but that’s where I’m at now. They will call me back in a week to check in but nothing will have changed. 

Well done @Vee- !  

one little step at a time. 💜🤗

Awesome to hear you did that today @Vee- 🙂 It can a while for things to change (sometimes change happens quickly too though). Speaking with PANDA today is a great start.

But I want a quick fix not little steps and take a while 😕 😕 

I see some threads that are still going 2-3 years later.... not what I want. 

Some people’s mental health is complex @Vee-  and takes a long time. I’ve known others that have been able to recover quicker. Sometimes things fall into place fairly quickly and sometimes not so much. 

You deserve to enjoy your life with your baby. In the end it doesn’t really matter how long it takes as long as you have each other. If I ask my children, that they would just rather have me around than not, even when I’m not great. My kids are grown up now and can talk about it. I think your son would love to have these conversations when he is older too. It’s crappy going through it and especially as a new mum but I think there is hope that you can find a way through where it is much different for you and you enjoy your life without faking it. 

Hi all,

Just to follow up in here - we have chatted with PANDA and are resolving a few tech issues. There were some staffing movements which meant the capcity to respond to posts was limited. Once tech is resolved they will be back to being able to respond when tagged (won't always be immediate but they will come through!) 

So wonderful to see that you connected with the @Former-Member helpline @Vee- 

Hello everyone @CheerBear @Lauz @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 

I just wanted to thank you all for pushing me to get help and recommending me PANDA which I never knew about. It’s been a week since the phone call with them and as unbelievable as it is I’m all better and feeling back to my normal self after the call. I’m really hoping it stays like this and doesn’t come back and I can stay this happy. I can’t believe a week ago I was saying that a week from then nothing would’ve changed. It’s scary though because that means I could go back to being miserable as fast as a week from now too. I will still go to the GP to let them know and to help me remain in this state but thought I’d share with you my update and the good news. I can’t thank you enough because who knows how I’d be right now if I never posted to this forum. Thank you thank you 😊 

That is awesome @Vee- and thank you for sharing! It's great to hear you're going to keep on to it too. When times get tough something that helps me is to remember that it can (and does) change and pass. What you've experienced in the last week is a great example of that 😊

Thanks so much for letting us know @Vee- , and you know we are here to walk along with you any time you feel you need that support.

😊🌷

That is awesome @Vee- , keep sharing and keeping in touch my friend

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance