Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Asking for help

Hi @Vee- sounds like you're disappointed in your hubby's lack of involvement. This is the case so often. They just don't know what to do i think... need promoting. Can U talk about it when the atmosphere is right and he's not tired, tell him how you feel & how he can help. Keep sharing here, maybe    @CheerBear  @Ch@@@@ will be back soon@Faith-and-Hope, or @Shaz51  @ so many mummas here. It's hard with new baby, but it does get better 💙🤗

Thanks for the tag @Former-Member  ....

@Vee-  I will be back a bit later, when I have settled my crew for the evening, to see if I can help at all.

thanks for the tag @Former-Member Heart

Hello @Vee- and welcome to the forum

with my story @Vee-

I had my own business , when we got married , I gave up my business

I found myself married , in a new house , with 4 step children and no car and with my husband working 40 kms away everyday , I found it hard

like you inbetween I would cry and I could not understand why

this is a big step for you , and you need to take a step at a time my friend

can I say to keep talking to us for support , you are not alone  and we are here for you

turning a house into a home takes time , also give yourself "Me time " too

any questions please ask

@Former-Member, @CheerBear , @Serenity1 , @Faith-and-Hope 

Hi @Vee- 👋 .... I’m back .... and I can see you have been receiving support from others here already, which is great.

Welcome to the forums.

I was ready to suggest PANDA, and I learned about them through others posting here.  @Lauz  has suggested it already, and I am glad you called them.

A lot of what you are feeling is normal to having a new baby, including feeling resentful when your hubby is  not helping.  A baby is full-on, and there is plenty he can do to help with even little things, but most importantly, healing you to feel loved, respected, and as though you are doing a good job.  Parenting is hard, and we need positive feedback to support our self esteem.

Not having the car will certainly be contributing to your feelings of being isolated, that’s for sure .....

Hopefully we can help a bit with that.  One of the best things about finding the forums for me was suddenly feeing like I wasn’t alone in the problems I was faced with.  There are real people on the other side of your computer screen, and we care about what you are going through.  

And there are are people around day and night, so log on when you can and chat about how you’re feeling.  Many parents here can relate to what your struggles are.

I’m not sure if anyone has tagged @Former-Member  and if they still respond here. I just noticed @PANDA isn’t available anymore so I’m not sure. Perhaps @Lauz or @nashy  or @s-jay could let us know if that forum connection still exists. 

Hoping they have got back to you @Vee- . It’s really hard when you are so isolated with a little one. I hope you find great support and soon. 

Thanks I’ve given up on seeking help for now. It’s easier to live like this than seek help. I’m just terrified. I think PANDA called but I didn’t answer it because I was scared I don’t know why. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hopefully when I’m ready or hoping this goes away on its own eventually. Thanks anyway 

Just a final update I picked up their call after they called me again when I didn’t pick up. We scheduled to chat tomorrow because it wasn’t a good time when she called. I really don’t know what to say but I guess I will just start off with that and go from there. Thanks again

Hi @Vee-  👋 

That’s great.

Do you want to check back in afterwards and let us know how you got on ?  

Only if you want to.

And only as much detail as you’re comfortable sharing.

Hey @Teej - thanks for flagging, I will just follow up with PANDA to check in on their profile. It will be dependant on staffing and resourcing for sure. 

@Vee- it is really great to see you trying to work through that fear here - everyone is here for you and it's all about taking each step, no matter how big or small. You are very brave and doing so well to have set up a phone chat. Keep us posted. 

Well done @Vee- . I really hope it goes/went ok. The starting to reach out for support is the hardest part. It will get easier. 

@Lauz  Thanks for that. Wondering if you can let us know what the outcome is when you know please. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance