Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Supporting a friend with terminal illness

@Former-Member

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Hope you get some sleep

Talk to you later today sometime.

I'm not overly tired atm

@Former-Member

Thanks for your ear earlier this morning. Didn't get much sleep - was actually thinking about you and your loss and hoping I hadn't added to your grief. Feeling really sick at the moment - decision (and thoughts) too hard!

@Zoe7 Smiley Happy Heart

Your welcome- not a problem.

Take one step at a time & please look after yourself

I am all good- here anytime you need a chat.

I had my ultrasound it was all good- now just waiting for blood test results.

@Former-Member

So pleased your ultrasound was all good -when do you get the blood tests?

Have been in bed most of today- throbbing headache and nausea. Think the last two days really caught up with me - my body just could not cope with the stress!

Did manage to get to GP app - go back Friday.

Do think I've made a decision that is best for ME. If I'm feeling this sick about it now there is no way I'd have the ongoing strength to go through with presecution, a possible lengthy court case and be able to deal with the reactions from my family and everyone else that would be involved. There would be so many people affected and the fall out would be extensive for so many people.

@Zoe7 Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear you have been unwell today and I hope you feel better soon.

I think they should be in tomorrow sometime.

I was able to book my sleep study today for next Friday, I am not sure if this will help.

I am glad to hear you are doing what is best for you.

I was able to go for a swim this afternoon, and he was so nice to be in the water and I was able to get some sunshine too.

What are you doing for christmas ?

@Former-Member

Morning buddy. How are you feeling today?

I got some sleep last night - think the combination of feeling so sick, making a decision, and some meds really helped. Am still tired this morning and my headache hasn't gone but do feel less nauseous.

Good to hear you have booked your sleep study for next Friday. You will only know if it helps when completed and the results come back so don't worry about it until then. 

I bet the swim was amazing. Did you take Kira with you?

I love taking Toby to the beach but neither he or I go swimming - usually too cold. There is a beautiful walking track that winds around the hills above the beach so we have started to do a little bit of the walk at a time. Toby always wants to go further than I am capable - maybe one day we will be able to do the whole walk (about 4km). 

There is also a very still inlet that is perfect to go kayaking. I haven't had mine in there yet as I haven't had the strength to lift it on and off the roof racks for quite a while. (Have a life jacket for Toby to come with me when I can finally manage it!)

I remember you mentioning the other night about your degrees. Do you one day want to teach? We just lost our PE teacher to another school - very hard to get good PE teachers in TAS.

The family is coming tomy place for Christmas lunch. The good side - I don't have to go anywhere and get too tired. The bad side - have to make a plan to be able to kick them out when I've had enough! Too much family is just too stressful!

What are you doing for christmas?

I am using the term "trauma mind' atm to help summarise my experience when overwhelmed and it helps me move on a bittle bit and focus and get things done.

Or maybe telling myself thats "grief" etc

@Zoe7

Look after your current feeling self first .. I am just starting legals .. but that is after a lot of time and research and clarity about my issues.

I also realise there are statute of limitations .. but dont take on more than you can chew through .. get good support from therapist before next step .. anyway .. just a thought ...

Hope you are well today @Former-Member 

I just looked through old photo album of growing kids with my son's gf and saw ... lots of evidence of my old ocean girl personaWoman Happy

@Zoe7

Good to hear from you, Sorry I have not responded earlier

I am glad you got in some good sleep last night, and you feeling a bit less sick this morning. I find sometimes my headaches are from stress or hormones or both.

You are right no point in worrying about the sleep study and the best thing I can do is to be relax  and hope I can sleep.

Oh yes the swim was great, and no I didn't take Kira with me but we had a walked after I got home and today she went on two walks and I came her lovely bath- she loves her bath because her routine is to have a bath and then go for a walk- I think she has me well trained lol.

I am glad you have your dog and you are able to enjoy your walks- you will get there. When I was at my worse I was not able to walk 5 to 10mins and now I am quite capable of walking 6 to 10kms. I have a kayak too, and I also have not been on it in years, I might try to get on it soon. We have some awesome waterways here on the coast and I would love to get out on it.

I would love to be able to teach PE one day and hopefully when I am well enough but atm I am not well enough to teach. I think I lack a lot of confidence- other people tell me differently. I wouldn't mind moving in the near future away from the Gold Coast but I am not sure where.

Enjoy your Christmas lunch and I hope its not too stressful for you.

@Former-Member hi 👋 

i finally posted a picture of my dog on 'just checking in' for you. I had to convert the image to a file that was supported by this site but now I have it for me too. It was a still from the video I took of him.

I read you've had a very busy day. I'm so glad that you are looking more forward to Christmas than you were before. Good on you for getting lots of exercise in today. I hope you sleep well tonight. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance