Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: How can we brighten our days with laughter? What are your jokes, thoughts, ideas?

165543784_4010228802331925_8778065268520313601_n.jpg

Re: How can we brighten our days with laughter? What are your jokes, thoughts, ideas?

@Former-Memberoooh don't we all wish it was that simple!
Memory foam pillows may not be such a good idea though. We'd be stuck with every weird inconsequential dream sequence instead of forgetting them when we wake up... 😛
bjsxp.jpg

I watched an episode of Rake last night with my son.

Did any of you ever watch it.  What did you think?

@Adge @Determined @Former-Member @Smc @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Maggie @Emelia8 @Anastasia @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope  

I am often many years behind the times on shows even popular ones.  I had mixed feelings about watching it with him, though def did laugh out loud a few times.  It was the accuracy of the characters and use of language that made me laugh.  I also felt uncomfortable about knowing about the seedier side of life, which is not what I want for my children.

No not watched it @Appleblossom Tried to a couple of years ago but could not get into it.

Thanks @Zoe7 for quick reply.

I vaguely saw it advertised about 10 year ago or so, and it never occurred to me to watch it then.  Son has suggested as an Australian show, and it is the first Australian show he has suggested ever.  As a boy he did not realise we lived in Australia, so I see that as a step in the right direction.  

Haven't heard of it - might have to check it out thank you @Appleblossom x

There are some Australian shows on ABC I love @Appleblossom Harrow is one of my favourites and I really liked Mystery Road - a bit dark and some topics that could be hard to watch but I liked it anyway.

@Anastasia @Zoe7 

Thanks.

I feel silly asking dumb questions, but trying to gauge things on a feeling level, and what is light hearted fun and good to share.  Generally he has been very selective and director conscious about what to watch.

@Appleblossom There are no silly questions Hon and it is good to get others' views on things sometimes.

I agree with @Zoe7 not a silly question @Appleblossom 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance