Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Leaving this for when you wake up @Faith-and-Hope ...

Image result for rainbow coffee

💜🦋 @Zoe7  ....

Morning @Faith-and-Hope I had a couple of hours sleep and have had a shower so feeling a little more alive now. Doing the cleaning bit by bit but there is no rush. It is really windy outside so I can't begin with the garage or stacking the trailer until that dies down ...so an inside day it is. Tobes has taken himself off to his bed in the spare room - the poor little mite's routine is all out with me being all over the place too. I'll have to get that back under control this week so both he and I can cope with the first weeks back at work. Your niece is outside under the tree (out of the wind) so she is happy also.

I am enjoying hearing about your days, and the fur-babies @Zoe7 .  I live that you’re sharing the moments.

D2’s twin is coming to collect her as she asked to go to church again today, with them.

That will give me space to tackle an email I received as I left on my full day’s travel and didn’t open fully.  It’s content is confrontational, I know before I even read it, and the answer needs to be detailed and comprehensive, so I need head-space and concentration to do a decent job of it.  Having D2 out for a while will help, and D3 is having a pyjama day, mostly in bed methinks ..... so that works for me too.

I will see you in my breaks.

Hi @Zoe7 . I woke up last Wednesday with a bad back.  Hurts to move.  No tablet is helping with the pain.  Sleeping lots.  See physiotherapist comind Wednesday. 

Feeling bit sorry for myself. 

Welcome home @Faith-and-Hope 

So glad to see you back here. Hoping your holiday was a good one Heart

Oh bugger @utopia That is the last thing you need. You have been travelling along so well my beautiful cocky friend so this really sucks Smiley Sad I hope the physio can help - there is nothing worse than a bad back - it stops us doing everything. Feel sorry for yourself all you need Hon - ou have the right to - I can totally empahtise with that in regards to a bad back Smiley Frustrated

@Faith-and-Hope I have vacuumed all but Cat's room and one corner in the spare room. I need to get out the extension cord to reach that corner and Cat is in her room so I am not going in there ...she runs from the vacuum cleaner and that is her safe place so I am leaving her to snuggle into her bed and feel safe.

The house already looks sooo much cleaner. I have not vacuumed for a couple of weeks and the fur baby hair, grass they bring in, dust and remnants of sorting things were everywhere - so to have that nearly done is making me feel better already. I have the bathroom to clean, the bedroom to dust and the floors to wash (can't remember the last time I washed the floors) then I will wash the rugs later in the week when it is warmer and they will dry quicker (I have a carpet cleaner that whislt is very old still does the job). Rest for a while now though as last night is catching up with me a bit.

It will be great for you to have that space without D2 being there to read, process, thnk and respond to the email Hon. I can only imagine what is in it but I know you will be approach it with your usual dignity and grace but also state your side in detail. Do not leave anything out in response - and of course it is a record of the the type of communication your are dealing with - so it is even more important that your response is both objective and thorough. Let all your anger and pain out here with us as you work through it, have breaks when you need to and only go back to it when you have the energy and headspace to do so. $%&#ing angry for you (yes He has brought me to swearing on your behalf) - and that is what we are here for - to shoulder some of this for you and for you to know you have us to lean on. HeartHeartHeart

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @utopia 

Heart

Really glad to hear you had a best day of the year @Zoe7  and your planning of tasks and beach days is somehing I could do more of.  Of course I know, but we often get caught in little ruts and a friendly nudge in right direction is always welcome.

It was really good to see your interaction with @MDT re the A Day thingo.  Great he was cheery and spreading good will, great you could admit it was not your thing, I felt for you both. With all the diversity in our country, which is a growing diversity, so broad that misunderstandings are likely to abound, it is that healthy discussion that is needed.  Neither pretending conflicts do not exist, or getting hostile, which is so common is the way.

Mostly my style has just been to avoid the hooha, it was part of my disengagement from being Aussie, and not identifying with typical colonial attitudes. I am glad that more people are standing up for what they truly believe, whether it be protest or not.  Yet I also believe that a day of celbration as a country is a good thing to bring the diversity together, but not before reconciliation of the past.

Cheers for our SANE community that we can engage HEALTHILY about tricky issues.

Smiley Happy

Heart

The best day of the year @Appleblossom was because our @Faith-and-Hope was back Heart I have certainly been keeping busy while she was away - as much to get everything sorted at my place as it was to keep occupied without her here ...it worked - the house is now in some kind of order where I know where everything is and is easy to get to ...and along the way not getting consumed by our sweet F&H's absence. Self-care in the form of sorting and cleaning Smiley Tongue

I have a similar view to you on Australia day - we need a day to celebrate our wonderfully multicultural and diverse country but we also need to recognise the colonial 'take over' of indigenous land and the massacre of so many on this day and therafter. I have no idea personally what day that should be - there are dates thrown out there such as the day Indigenous people finally got to vote but that is still a significant colonial construct. 

Whilst I do not agree on today I also do not actively protest against it because everyone has the right to celebrate what it is to be a citizen in their country - it is just not today for me.

💕 @Appleblossom 

💕 @utopia 

So glad to see you too @Snowie ..... 🤗💜❄️.  I have been tracking along with everybody as best I could, so I have been aware of the struggles, and the achievements, happening amongst forum friends here, without having been able to respond.  Big hugs Hon ❣️

Thanks @Zoe7.  Taking a break here now.  I haven’t been able to open the attachments on the email, so can’t respond properly to them yet, but I am working on things I need to express that I believe will tie into it all in any case.

Good to hear your progress.  I wish I could do something about my environment here (in the west) but I can’t.  It’s all trashed into this space, and I can’t even access my cleaning gear properly, nor is there facility to sort or put things away beyond the level one of my baby dragons put heart and soul into trying to achieve for me.  So we are “glamping” here for the moment every time we come, and living out of our suitcases.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance