Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

This is not any sort of new year resolution rather a process to conclude each school break 😁

As the new year settles in and the holiday crazies peter out we are trying to get back into exercise again.   Goal is to mountain bike as a family  3 - 5 mornings per week (when it is not raining) at least until winter when ther will be insufficient light and darling and I would.lime to walk each afternoon also. 

Under Dr direction before Christmas we tried a meal plan that eliminated certain foods. This had a significant impact on my energy levels. Unfortunately it was hard to maintain over the holidays. Hopimg to get back into this as we re establish routine leading up to school  resuming. Hoping this will help with mIntainingn the exercise. 

Usually burnout returns and I struggle to maintain being active but was doing well before seasonal indulgences.  As a silver lining it has proved without a doubt that the additional efforts with meals are worth it.   Not that we eat unhealthy. Just it it seems some small variations can be beneficial.

Managed day 2 of consecutive activities today and feeling really good about it. 

Given the wet weather setting in will likely require setting the indoor cycle trainer in the living room to keep up with the schedule. 

When winter arrives we will have to try mountain biking after school. This does mess with darlings afternoon routines though so may or may not work. Cross that bridge when we get there lol. 

The boys were delighted to be back out on the trails yesterday after more than 6 weeks off between me having a viral infection and set weather. 

Screenshot_20210107-175050_Messages.jpg

Walking the hounds falls squarely on my shoulders now.  Mr Darcy is often too tired to join us. Dog walking has always been his thing.

That would be hard @Former-Member 

After seeing dogs at a beach we visited in the boat we have been contemplating taking our boy to the beach. Girly would not be too impressed I don't think. 

Day 3 of consecutive exercise.

Was indoors today due to rain. 

Day 4 of consecutive exercise.

Darling on the treadmill mill me on the cycle trainer.

Works out well. We encourage each other (well more darling inspires me) to endure until the target time.  I would likely give up at the half way point if darling was not still plugging away. 

Day 5 on the indoor trainer.

Missed the target today but managed a workout so happy with that.

Weather looking good tomorrow to hit the mountain bike trails.  Rain has been keeping us indoors for the past week.  Need the rain though so no complaints 😁

Screenshot_20210110-132345_Samsung Internet.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20210110-140332_Samsung_Internet.jpeg

Well today's planned bike ride was a fail.

Mountain bike trails were closed (due to wet weather)

Went ro a small alternate trail but it is overgrown so unrideable also.

Went for a walk for 2 laps around the block instead. (Similar duration to the planned bike ride).  

Happy the chain remains unbroken and hoping I can keep it up. 

Today was hard. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance