Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care- walking and cycling

Screenshot_20210111-213540_Samsung Internet.jpg

Short family walk at beach side location today.

Was hard ro move but would.be harder to start again tomorrow if I miss  day so keeping on moving. 

Finally made it back to the mountain bike trails today.

Thought I was doing well but segment stats say otherwise   🦥🦥🦥

Went on the cycle trainer this afternoon.

Managed to meet target. Thought I was going to finish early but with some mind games managed to get there. Although a bit lower than I would like. (Hit the time target not the distance target). 

In addition to working along side darling on the tread mill (we encourage each other just by being there) I have lap markers set up on the bike computer that I can physically associate to a circuit out on the road. Like I would not (or could not) just finish early out on the road I try and not finish on the cycle trainer until I 'make it home' .

We were planing on hitting the mountain bike trails but thought it was going to rain. Rain still has not come... just the humidity. 

Started a training plan yesterday on the cycle trainer.

Have a distance  goal (in a single ride) to achieve in 6 months.

Haha let's see how successful that is going to be.

Once school goes back hope to be able to hit the mountain bike trails for a hour  3 morning per week. Still waiting on a work roster to see if that is achievable. 

Took our hounds for their first trip to the beach. We did a slow 20 min walk whilst Henry and Rose were able to spend time off leash, they loved it.

Managed to hit the trails.this morning and indoor trainer workout this afternoon. 

Feels.good to see the km tally rise on the activity tracker. 

Another successful workout on the cycle trainer this afternoon.

I have tried interval training in the past ad hoc without much success...

This time it is a structured plan with start / stop alerts on the cycle computer for each interval and it has  been much easier than anticipated.   Having the measurable data at the end helps.    And riding alongsie  darlimg as we now have 2 trainers eases the boredom. 

Today's workout was hard work as the tempo was increased. But it gets easier as time passes so feels like I am seeing benefits already 😁

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance