Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

No apology needed @Smc, and it's great we're talking about this @Shaz51 Smiley Happy Sometimes anxiety is a really tight feeling in your chest, other times it's more gut/digestive nausea. Thanks for sharing your physical symptoms, it helps those of us who aren't so expressive, you say the words for us! It's hard to compare because it's so personal for each of us, but sharing what we each feel helps us all feel a little more understood and connected Heart 

for examply @Ali11 , @Smc , @Former-Member , @Determined 

I went with mum for her  blood tests results at the doctors this afternoon  , in the waiting room i felt sooo sick and like i was going to to be sick

after the doctors appt  I test my blood sugar and it was 11 .5 which is very high

That does sound high @Shaz51, are you okay? Are you feeling better now?  

welll @Ali11 , I was feeling soo sick in the staomach , sooo tired , did not feel like eating at all

we have eaten dinner now and had a bathe so I will test it again soon

Glad you were able to eat something @Shaz51, and a bath is so lovely at night Smiley Happy 

still feeling so anxious my @Ali11 , thank you for being with me my friend xxxx

my cousin wants to know everything about how my mum is going , hard sometimes xxx

Yes @Smc I too have difficulty telling the difference between "gut instinct" & fear or anxiety.

I semi-frequently have the impulse to get away from a situation - usually by feeling tense in tummy & maybe nauseous.

In most of those situations, leaving is actually the healthiest (best) "self-care" thing to do.

Yet I'm virtually never able to choose to leave (I have to over-ride my gut) - because it's work aggression (people) who I'm expected to put up with.

Or in some cases it's because I've been shamed (ridiculed) for wanting to leave a situation - so I stayed.

Adge

@Shaz51 

There are a number of things that can contribute to high sugar -  has this happened since any med adjustment?  Any change in exercise levels? Any change in food intake?  

very true @Former-Member 

have not done much exercise as yesterday

and also ate something that was higher in carbs for lunch --- because we had to take the chainsaw in to get repaired @Former-Member , mr shaz decided to buy sausage rolls for lunch which are highin carbs

@Ali11, if it's something that just has to happen, I push through and pay the price afterwards with exhaustion. Not healthy, but sometimes there's no other option. Sometimes it's possible to handball things on to someone else who's not so much affected by the "whatever's happening", but not always.

I've learned not to expect too much of myself after a hard run of events. If it's frozen dinners or takeaways, and spending most of the following couple of days "vegging out", then that has to be OK.

And we're Christians, so spending time "debriefing" by praying about things happens too. While that's not something everyone would do, I've realised that part of the benefit of it is that I'm verbalising what's been happening, which helps me to mentally put things into order a bit. That part of it is achievable otherwise; for example, by keeping a journal. Or offloading on the forum...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance