Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Should I stay or should I go? // 18 Oct. 7pm AEDT

Shaz51- Your fear may be realistic but there's professional services that can assist and that he can be linked to before it gets to that point.

I worry.
Professional services can only do so much not the same as having family to live with.

That is true -but if you have to leave to look after yourself then it is an option. Your partner can then use this support to help rebuild and recover.

Thanks @Mindcarers

that was a few years a go now since he said he would do that, but now he doesn`t bring it up anymore

but now that I have physical problems and i do everything ,  my husband said now "what happens when You get sicker ""

maybe I should put a plan in action for the future events incase of one of us getting unwell

@Sehnsucht its great to hear the side of lived experience. From what you've written, I can hear that you're also worried for your family's well-being, particularly if you get unwell again. I hope that you don't carry guilt for past episodes when you've been unwell and lashed out at people. It sounds like you're doing a lot to address this so that you can prevent it from happening again. 

There are things that you can do with your family. Put plans in place, get to know your triggers, and signs that your mental health is deteoriating. Talk with your family about what is helpful for both you and them when you are becoming unwell. For instance, I know of one person who hears voices, and when the voices get really bad, his housemate does grounding techniques with him, and sometimes challenges his delusional thinking. Together, they have both identified a tipping point, when his housemate starts to feel out of his depth, which is when needs to call his MH team. In this sense, it can also help to work with your mental health team so that you family can work your them so that can respond to you when you are unwell. 

That's a very good idea. A future plan -one that also looks after you, would be a very good idea. There may also be additional care you might be eligible for through local council services, Respite programs and other carer programs

@CherryBomb

This is what I want, this is what sounds sensible and responsible.

How do I find resources to guide us through this, when I "present well to me?".

I am so tired of it.

I am pretty sure I was well for a good 15 years of my life, didn't stop me getting deluded at 15??

I have no idea where to start. So put off by my initial effort this year.

Only five more minutes to go. Time to get in any final comments. 

Thankyou for a very interesting night @CherryBomb, @Mindcarers

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance