Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

@Jaz4wrote:
It will keep wandering but I feel the more I do it the better I get at it.

@Jaz4 I am 100% certain you are correct in thinking you will get better at mindfulness the more you do it. Smiley Very Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

When I was holidaying in Thailand and had an accident on my bicycle, I was in severe pain and shock. All the way in the ambulance I had this song running through my head. I repeatedly sang it out loud. It was Bob Marley - Three Little Birds where he sings "don't worry about a thing 'cos every little thing is gonna be alright"

Being mindful in that manner got me through.

Okay time is flying! Which tends to happen when you are having fun discussing such interesting topics like this!

My last point was going to be having a quick ideas session! 

How you can add just a little bit of mindfulness into each of your days?

I thought we could all support each other and come up with ideas of how we could each include a small mindful moment in our days tomorrow…I’ve started off with one idea from headspace. I know people have mentioned a few throughout the night as well - noticing clouds, listening to music and paying attention to the song, watching birds, mindful walking. Lets get some more going and we can all try to choose one to do tomorrow?

headspace ideas for mindful daily 2.jpg

My hope is with being consistent practising mindfulness and not dwelling on my pain/worries - I won't reach crisis point or will have better equilibrium/inner peace and resilience to cope better with what life throws at me.  That's my personal goal. Wish me luck 

Good luck  @Former-Member ☘️ 

LUck wished for you @Former-Member

Before I get out of bed each morning, I post a cheerful picture on the Good Morning Forum. I do it to start off the day in a positive way and I hope it helps others too. 

I post a cheerful picture on the Good Morning Forum.--- and we love them @soul Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much @Lauz@Shaz51 & everyone.

This was a really helpful discussion.

Adge

My way of adding some mindfulness into my day is to make a rountine list of things I have to either do or enjoy doing and fully immerse myself in them. If I don't fulfill them all that's okay - as long as I am active. My emotions can be so intense the activities have to take my full concentration otherwise it won't work

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance