Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: Self Harm

It’s a very vicious cycle @Former-Member  and a difficult one to break. I currently have no real solutions other than trying to distract yourself. Have you used the rubber band around your wrist? Ice? I really struggle of a night time too, my thoughts often get the better of me and I spiral pretty quickly. I’m thankful that I take meds that help me sleep, so that eventually puts an end to it when I crash, although some nights they just don’t work. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sleep is not a safe thing for me so I won't take meds. I've tried @Bow  elastics and ice but they don't work. Things that involve moving my body combined with sensory feedback work better so I spend a fair bit of time walking around barefoot in the backyard. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’m sorry that sleep is not a safe thing for you. It must be exhausting @Former-Member  i have heard of the barefoot thing.

@Former-Member  it is an awful addiction.    I'm so hurting for you right now.   I can only agree with what @Bow  has said about distraction.    I have borderline and cptsd and Major depression and sticking with DBT really helped me.   Just a thought, if you like sensory responses are you near the surf? Can you dip your feet in the ocean? Or a local pool?  I have to cover up due to effects of SH and I'm very self concious but the water really helps me.

XOXO ANGELS333 

Hey @Bow  @Former-Member  @MDT  @TAB  @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @eth @Molliex @Adge @Shaz51 @greenpea @Appleblossom @Former-Member sorry to those I missed..

I'm working in the pool everyday this week it's a difficult shift.   I really don't want to go and I was triggered yesterday, still reeling but I don't think I'll act on any urges, well I hope not!

I have been a little quiet on the forum over the last 6 weeks,  I have been struggling with work and TAFE and Christmas was busy.    

I was also unsubscribed to certain threads somehow and all my sane forum history was deleted from my email, pretty sure I did that by mistake....

anyway I have to go to work now,

Talk to y'all later....

XOXO ANGELS333 

Hope today is a better day for you @Angels333 

Thanks @eth I'm at work now  about to get into the pool.  I hope you have an awesome day xx

❤️ @Angels333  ....

👋💕 @eth 

@Angels333 Take it one day at a time Hon - a cliche I know but looking ahead at what you need to do this week can be overwhelming - especially working at the pool everyday knowing how much anxiety that produces for you. Maybe make a plan for each day - what you can realistically achieve with TAFE studies and tick it off when you are done. The forum and your friends are here when you can check in and/or need support so don't worry about anyone here right now - just look after yourself Hon Heart

TAB
Senior Contributor

thanks for the update @Angels333  and think of the money as you used to say to me Cat Happy ?

work rang out of blue yest wanted me to do couple days needed admin stuff today said yes, then realised I couldnt do it. Made a messof it . Oh well. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance