Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

@MDT 

Heart

That is terrible news about your sister's friend.

Heart

Now that I am further along in my grief from suicide, I can see how difficult it is for others to relate, or even know what to do or say, so I dont take the lack of support and consequent isolation so personally.  Its just hard all round.

Heart

@Dani1981 

Sorry about closing your practise.  Are there any online options ... zoom etc.

Yes there is more sadness in the world, I am hoping that some of it turns to compassion for others and less frenetic busyness.

Heart

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

We will bounce back as a society I think @Appleblossom @Dani1981 But we just aren't there yet

Maybe all these things just have to happen at once hey?

I try to remind myself that there is an end to all this... and i do my best at pretending to believe that when I speak to my patients.

But inside, its so hard. 

@MDT @Appleblossom 

What is your job @Dani1981 ?

I cannot do telehealth or zoom. It is a very hands on job.

I am a dentist. I could still be open for emergencies. But I do not want to risk my staff, or my patients. I am not equipped well enough to be able to keep them completely safe. @MDT 

@Dani1981@MDT 

I am likening it in seriousness to a wartime situation, though for once it is not human against human, at least with regard to virus.  That at least is good.  All the other behaviours, are varied. I am guessing those who panic have had less security in their lives, so I try and be philosophical about it.  I hope their fears are settled, and the medical supplies go to the medical personnel. I def dont approve of price gouging.

Take Care and Be Safe

Smiley Happy

That is so true @Appleblossom 

I was speaking to a counsellor about my childhood... My inability to believe in myself and be easier on myself when I make mistakes def arises from what happened to me growing up. 

My coping skills are def lacking. 

@Dani1981 

Smiley Happy

Difficult things in childhood do that.

I hope your work and your practise restart again. Sometimes we can be too sensitive and learning about boundaries of tolerance and responsibility are big for me.

I am in transition regarding paid work atm, and now is not the time to push.

Cheers

@MDT 

You went all quiet ? 

Yeah I went off to make some tea and ask mum when she was off to bed haha @Dani1981 so I can use the TV

I understand what you mean about the concerns over health and such. Wise move I think. Do what you gotta do hey
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance