Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AnxiousMe
Senior Contributor

ANNOYING

hey there fellow mental illness sufferers 

just a little thing for us people who deal with anxiety disorders but how annoying is anxiety 

not only does it make you feel like you are having a mental breakdown/ dying but if you are like me and have OCD/anxiety if you google different illnesses and get scared of one your anxiety will mimic the symptoms to make you feel like you are turning into something you’re not.

1 way i can tell my anxiety is trying to make me think i am losing it is that when im not anxious I don’t think like that anxiety disorders are fear based but how annoying is it especially when your anxiety contradicts itself 

16 REPLIES 16
nashy
Senior Contributor

Re: ANNOYING

Hey there @AnxiousMe,

Thanks so much for posting I am sure many members can relate to this experience. Definitely quite a contradiction to manage, the notion of OCD and Anxiety sort of feeding into one another. A super testament to how resilient you are, and how much insight you have into your own triggers and patterns.

Does google tend to fuel things a little more? I know some people implement evening screenbreaks to help remedy these feelings. Heart

@nashy Oh yes i think google is my biggest downfall on one hand it has let me learn about anxiety and ocd and the million anxiety symptoms on the brain. But as soon as i come across something more serious i just get this sudden rush of dread like something wrong is going to happen then i start to overthink so my anxiety starts playing tricks on me but then when I’m not anxious I feel like myself, happy dad who likes to dribble shite to his mates lol its like a fight within ones self and the only way to win is to let go

Which  is easier said than done haha

If anyone suffers from an Anxiety disorder don’t hesitate to join in a chat wouldn’t mind knowing what other people experiences are 

Hi @AnxiousMe
Yep google is both good and bad. I learnt alot my mh diagnoses but if im feeling down or sick ( i have abit of health anxiety) i have to stay away from the internet as i go into overdrive with it and things start conforming to it and ny brain goes into worse case scenario.
Can be annoying cant it!

@outlander Sounds like me my psych said its my compulsion to look at the internet which is true it can releave my anxiety for a short time until i keep reading next thing i know its been 3 hours of reading doing online tests and scaring myself into thinking I have something worse but it has taught me alot and made me realise things that maybe other people with my type of brain glitch i could console if they are in times of panic so in away its not all bad 

@outlander Can i ask whT your illness is? Don’t have to tell me 

Yep sounds similar for me to @AnxiousMe

Yes thats ok. i have been diagnosed with BPD anxiety depression and CPTSD.
What about you?

OCD when i was 20 i am now 27 

what is cptsd?  

I think i have always been somewhat prone to it but it became too much at 19,20 

i needed help as hard as it was

Cptsd is complex post traumatic stress disorder. So the complex comes in when its been more than one traumatic event. Hope that makes sense @AnxiousMe

Its great that youve reached out for help. I hope its been helpful for you and how you manage your OCD. I cant think of anyone off the top of my head that had ocd but im sure if you nade a thread about it others could give you some ideas as well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance