Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Heart@Zoe7  words cannot express how deeply I feel for you.  Sitting with you and holding your hand xoxo

@Faith-and-Hope @eth @greenpea @Former-Member @Razzle @BlueBay @Angels333 @MDT @Former-Member @Maggie @utopia @Pepsimax @oceangirl @Shaz51 @Gazza75 and all those under the support button...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support. I am not at work today - just could not face it.

No more vomtting so far from Cat so definitely hoping it was just the furball. Toby seems to be much brighter this morning which is good. He fell asleep in my arms last night he was still so drowsy from the anaesthetic. 

@Faith-and-Hope I loved hearing abput your new purchase and that it has a butterfly on it ...gave me a little heartlift Hon Heart Whilst there was no sign of the cancer in Cat's lymph nodes that does not mean that it hasn't spread elsewhere and just not detectable yet - unfortunately it is highly likely that it has already spread with this type of cancer in cats. I will know more Tuesday but am not expecting there to be much more we can do but give her the best quality of life we can for as long as I have left with her.

@utopia as @Faith-and-Hope said (thanks Hon Smiley Happy) Toby had his teeth cleaned and we thought he may need two of them out but the good news there was they were okay and didn't need to come out. He also has had an ear infection but that is also clearing up as well. 

@Former-Member I can already imagine life without Cat and it is heartbreaking. I am grateful to have Toby by my side and that will no doubt help me through it when the time comes. All I can do is continue loving Cat, giving her cuddles and do whatever needs to be done to make sure the rest of the life she has with her is the best it possibly can be. 

@Former-Member We are certainly not wired for loss but I suppose knowing it will happen sooner rather than later with Cat at least gives me time to get used to it just a little bit. It was the same with Nan - we knew she would not be around for long so had time to be with her and grieve along the way. It doesn't take away the pain when it does happen but does give us time to prepare just a little.

still thinking of you @Zoe7  here for you

Have a good day with the fur babies @Zoe7  HeartHeartHeart

I'm glad you have the day off.

❤️🦋 ..... @Zoe7.  I am so glad you have the day off as well.

More is coming to the fore with my situation, and I have had the chance to voice some things openly and honestly with my mr. that are bring about a stronger sense of integrity for me than I have felt in a long time.  I can’t believe how rapidly this has begun to turn around, and I think there will be more across a short-ish span of time.

I am also thinking about getting a cat - either when we return from being away across the end of the year / start of the new year, or sooner if those plans collapse.  I wanted you to know that, in the hope that it will help you come to terms with Cat’s situation.

Big hugs ❣️

Honestly @Faith-and-Hope nothing would make me happier than you having your own little furball for company. I know how very much you have wanted one for so long and if that can eventuate for you as a result of your current situation then that is absolutely wonderful. 😺

@Gazza75 Couldn't face work today - made that decision really early as soon as I woke up. I would have been with the class I had last term this morning but even that was not enough to motivate me to go. I think those that saw me after I head the news yesterday would fully understand why I was not there today - that was also part of it - I think I would have fallen apart completely if anyone had mentioned Cat today so best I not be at work.

@Pepsimax Nice to see you Hon - hugs to you Heart

❤️🦋 @Zoe7 

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 💕💕💕💕

I think I have a similar love for my puppies, that you have for Toby & the Cat Heart
It's a real emotion, as their emotions are real. I have lost beloved pets to cancer, 2
dogs, a cat & a goat; & I did the same as you . . . I loved them, I cuddled them {even
the goat}, I fussed over them, I spoilt them Heart & they loved me back, they cuddled
me back, they fussed over me & spoilt me with their love Heart & when the time came,
I promised I'd make it better for them & I did; I wish the same could be done for me,
when my time comes.

Much love to you @Zoe7  HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Really sorry to hear about cat @Zoe7 🙁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance