Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@Gazza75  I would like to know more about them but have to go as son2 is around me atm. Just do you frame them? What got you started doing them? How many have you done? That kind of thing so if you are around tomorrow I might pop over to craft corner and pick your brain a bit. I need a hobby to occupy my mind 🙂

@Gazza75  That’s looking really good. Well done you. 💜💕💜

Hey @greenpea , I haven't framed any of the ones I have done yet, but, would definitely like to frame the tree frog.  Thinking about giving it to my brother for Christmas.  The paintings are similar to paint my numbers, but, you stick down little beads rather than paints.  You use a pen and place them one at a time on a sticky canvas that has symbols on it that relate to the different colour beads that are in the kit.  I have done about 6 now I think.  Starting to loose track.  There are two main kinds of diamond paintings, partials and 'full'.  

Here is a youtube video with some hints and tricks, its one of the better ones I have looked at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDfVWcjkQq4&t=2s

I'd seen diamond paintings around , but, I think after hearing @maggie and @outlander that was when I decided to give it a try.

You can get diamond paintings online or from cheap shops or spotlight.  I'd suggest starting with a small one first to practice with.  My first one was a small bee.  If you have any other questions sing out.  You will get everything you need in the 'kit' you buy.  They take quite a while to do, but, I find it very relaxing and keeps the melon busy 🙂 Heart

Thanks @Maggie HeartHeart

Hope you are doing OK.  Saw your post in the worry room.. 

You are definitely important to us here and have some of the wisest words of anyone on the forum.  I think our 'system' is damanged and if you slip through the cracks or struggle there isn't much understanding, sympathy or compassion.  I found dealing with all that stuff actually more diffucult than having a job.  It's crazy. 

I hope you can talk to some of us here if you need to, keep pestering people that are in a position to help you and so on.  Thinking of you.  🙂

@FragileMe, this is the craft thread.  Hope you enjoy it 🙂

Everyone please say Hi to Fragile when you can.

@Gazza75  Leaky smile. Thankyou. 😁😁💕💕💜

@Gazza75  Hey Gazza75  thanks for info re beading. It sounds really interesting. I might give it a go :). Giving the frog one to your brother sounds like a good idea to me 😄

@CheerBear  I started a different one. I think it’s looking better so far. Cave craft is wonderful. 💕💜53999372-3082-4CF4-80BD-1E79758AE433.jpeg

bee.JPG

@greenpea. heres the first one I did.  It's only about the size of a coaster.  $5 from spotlight 🙂

@Maggie 😍 Love it ❤ Cave craft is wonderful.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance