Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: i feel so alone

Hi camelia,thanks for the help.
I am going to my gp next week.Will talk to her about it.
It is hard to get someone to talk to who won't pass comment could be a good outlet.
It's hard to talk to family and friends and I tend to leave out some parts as I know they would be horrified with some of the situations.hopefully can get an appointment soon.Thanks again

Hi surgery1,

How are you doing? Recovered from the operation? How's things with your bf? 

I hope you are well.

CB

Hi cherrybomb,I'm recovering well thanks,just small steps at the moment.
Sorry I could not make it to the forum on Tuesday ,have read through the comments ,they really make me think about my situation and how little I have understood about his illness.
He gets really off when I ask questions about his moods,aggression,feelings.etc.it's as if it's not manly to talk about these things.
I now see how little we have communicated ,and just accepted what was happening.
I have not seen my partner for over 2 weeks,we passed a few texts back and forward .to date he hasn't asked how I am or apologized...I think he thinks I am in the wrong .haven't heard anything in over a week now. think it has gone too far this time.i do love him deeplybut I am still hurting and need to take care of myself at the moment.

Hi surgery1,

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, and looking after yourself both physically and emotionally. 

It sounds like having some distance to reflect on your relationship has given you some new insights. This is one beauty of relationships. Whether they end or continue, you can discover and learn new things later down the track. Sometimes even years later. 

It seems like reading over Topic Tuesday gave you some clarity about your relationship in terms of acceptance and communication. Are you finding that your expectations of relationships have changed?

CB

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance