Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sick of being sick

Scotty, I can understand where you are comming from, as a 67yo i have a sufferer since 1989, I is a bit easier but it is still a challenge. Don't give up, I tried everything I could think of but nothing works. One can only hope that the way you are now is the peak of your suffering, the next corner could be a good one where something or someone will start your way back. I still get those times when nothing is important but as soon as it comes it is gone until the next time. Take your time, use this ACE forum, you will get some top answer and or engouragement but never judged.

loopySmiley Happy

Hi Alessandra. Thanks for your enquiry. Apart from the absolute essentials (bin, shopping,etc.) i really have had enough of the outside world.
Went shopping yesterday & my downstairs neighbour approached me for a "How ya goin" chat. He's one of the few in this rather toxic neighbourhood that i enjoy talking to; Drs. appt. tomorrow so that's two external positives this week. I "chat" with my grand-daughter on Fb & always make the effort to keep it light & fun so hopefully this will keep me afloat 'til the good times return.
Schultz.

Hi Loopy,
thanks for the mention. I'm coasting @ the moment because i've spent almost 10 yrs doing a part-time job that had me dealing with the public, mostly young people who seem to have a vastly different sense of social responsibility to that which prevailed when i was a "lad".
Happy to keep my depression to myself at the moment (socially speaking) & aside from my GP & psychiatrist few people ( aside from a friend & this forum) know. I'm sure a few neighbours suspect but i've learned not to trust these people as they only stop talking negatively about someone when someone fresh presents them with an opportunity to "discuss".
Having a light-hearted interchange with my grand-daughter on Fb helps.
RGDS, Schultz
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance