Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Spitfire1
Contributor

G'day

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and feel a little nervous about this entry but here goes.  I have a 9 year old cat, a adoring supporting husband and have had depression and psychosis  for so long I don't really know any other way to live, but the other day finally sought help again and are ready to fight my mental illness again and would love any tecniques that any one knows or uses to stay in touch with reality.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: G'day

Hi @Spitfire1,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like you have battled away with mental illness for a long time. Good on you for reaching out to other people who bravely share their experiences. I hope you find the solace and fellowship on here that many others have. Please feel free to share your experiences and join in conversations.

I have moderated quite a few posts about cats. You will find a few other cat lovers to share stories with.

All the best

Joe The Lion

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Spitfire1 Hi Spitfire1 and welcome to Forumland :D. We are a friendly bunch here so make yourself at home cruising the threads. I will hopefully see you around. 🙂

G'day @Spitfire1 and welcome to the forums. 🙂

I have a cat too, although I am sure she thinks she is a tiger at times as she is quite ferocious at times lol! I live with schizoaffective disorder myself, so I have a lived experience of psychosis too. 

I will keep an eye out for you on the boards, look forward to hearing more of your 'story'. 

Take care, Q

Hi Joe the Lion  Thankyou for welcoming to the forum, yes I have battled mental illness a long time but now I will fight, research and seek counselling in the next couple of weeks.  My housemate has 2 kittens as well which create fun havoc in the home so looking forward to posting more entries into the forum.

Thanks greenpea still looking and working out what is on the forum and website, so far being impressed to what I have seen here, will, thanks again.

Hi Queenie, thankyou for welcoming me into the forum with the other entries.  If I don't give my cat enough attention at times she will run and jump on the bed at night give me a bite with the claws dug in to show me that she is not impressed with the non attention from me.  But most of all she is usually cuddly and loves a good pat and we both enjoy it.

hello @Spitfire1 and welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Remember to put a  @ in front of members name as @Queenie, @greenpea, @JoeTheLion, so they will recieve an email message from you

How are you today

Hi Shaz51 im ok i love ur post 2 day, now i gotta go 2 work 4 5 hrs.

Ok @Spitfire1 , have a good day , sending you hugs HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance