Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Extreme heat and MI/Mood

Me too @Queenie I find the heat the pits.

I use a water spray bottle - cheap from supermarket. I take it in the car to mist. Also use it when doing hot jobs like cooking, ironing etc. I spray in the air and let the mist cool my face. We have 2 months more of very hot/heatwave conditions and it's demoralising.

Hi @utopia @outlander @Darcy Darcy that graphic is spot on Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

Funny you mentioned about the mist @frog, Mrs gave one of those mist fan thingos to everyone for Christmas. I'm just not sure where mine went. I'll probably steal hers!

animated_fan.gif

images (382).jpeg

When heat is too much it reminds me of failure ie what did I do that I cant live somewhere with decent aircon. Sorry for sounding negative. My aircon atm is ok .. to a point.. had worse situations in the past I guess. I put damp cloths in freezer then re wet them and put on pulse points, back of neck etc dunno what would do without $15 kmart fan , gives rooftop evap bit extra when needed

A solar powered hat-fan might yet be the newest fashion trend. Built in or clip on models available.

images (66).jpeg

images (61).jpeg

images (41).jpeg

images (51).jpeg

For urgent assistance, call: