Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder care plan

@greenpea I wish you the best. You got this.
So do I.

@The-red-centaur  yes you do xxx

@rye @BlueBay @greenpea @NNY
I did it. I just got out of my GP. I was shaking and stuttering the whole time. F I'm scared about recovery.

@The-red-centaur  Well done hun. I managed mine today too. :Dxx

@greenpea proud of you
Former-Member
Not applicable

My GP and I checked to see if I am eigible in early January and Medicare said no because none of the medical criteria has anything relevant to my specific behaviours, and I am too mentally screwed up, have too many far too complex needs and have too pitiful of a prognosis for them to justify covering treatment for mine. That's always been the case for me, I've had my ED for 13 years now and didn't expect the Medicare changes to change anything as far as my treatment is concerned. Same for all my mental illnesses and always has been. 

Not even my GP takes it seriously really. Never asks about it or checks on my physical health and just shrugs off the behaviours because I'm not in that medically near dead or at risk category. Doesn't take the fact I am well overweight because of my ED seriously either. Guess to most people that sounds like an oxymoron. 

Good luck to you in your recovery though. Hopefully the treatment helps you have a better life for yourself. 

@Former-Member
I'm sorry you weren't eligible for Medicare EDP. It does have serious criteria. We're you able to get a mental health care plan at least.

I'm really sorry your struggling with your ed. It is a hard road.

What support do you have?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I already had a regular MHCP, it hasn't run out yet. I just can't actually use it because there aren't any treatment services where I live for what I have. 

I have no support. But I am used to that so it is fine. 

Well done both of you @The-red-centaur @greenpea 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance