Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

@Former-Member 

Heart

Thank goodness The fires are settling and the weather cooling. It must have been frightening and intense.

Heart

@outlander Hugs Bella.  I heard you were on alert to with the fires.  SO much going on.

Heart

@MDT Work and relationships are hard.  There is no right way, just living day by day and making the decisions that you make. I am sure you will try and be fair and I hope work is fair in its dealing with you. As @TAB suggests, be prepared, but dont pre-empt an exit. 

Heart

i haven't really updated much @Former-Member just been popping in and out mostly. depression creeping in abit for me too.
stay safe in the fire zone, such a scary time for you. i hope they'll be able to put it out soon. my step dad and a few mates have just been deployed to help out in those major fires happening too
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh yes @TAB  ... So lost without power. We had a massive wind storm here last year. The week before christmas, so fridge full of fresh food such as hams, pork, etc. Took out heaps of infrastructure, including power poles and lines, due to trees down everywhere. No power here for almost 5 days. Middle of summer too, so no aircon, fans, fridges. Frozen food melted and spoiled. What a mess. Plus .. No power, no nbn .. Thus no internet or landline. And no mobile either, after one day, because cant recharge battery due to no power. And the hardest part was not knowing one day to the next, how long it would be out.  So yes TAB .. I can sympathise with you on that.

I had non perishables plus fridge was good for like 3 days and had one old cheap powerbank for ph never lost ph, used laptop battery to charge it etc, also dropped it at gym down rd for few hrs well they offered on fb. Tried charging w car was waste of time lol
Yes scary. Re isolation
Still dont have decent powerbank
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Appleblossom  😀

@outlander  Sorry to hear depression is setting in. Has your pain settled somewhat? And how about the nerve issue with your mouth?

I think the fires will burn here for many weeks, or at least until we get a major dump of rain. Lots of forrests, national parks, etc around here. Althougj I think the worst is now over, but we keep getting told not to become complacent. And thats very true. Is your stepdad a volunteer firefighter with the RFS?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes its hard @TAB  when we become so reliant on power. During our power outage, if I knew on day one that it would be out for 5 days, I would have put plans in place. Eg ice, powerbank, etc. But our energy company kept telling us it would be back on the next day, even giving us a specific time. That day would come and still no power. Drive 15mins to recharge mobile phone to make more calls to energy company. Call them only to be told we were already back on. Nope .. Okay so next day definitely. Day after day that happenef ... Talk about the runaround. And at that stage my hubby was extremely ill with encephalitis and I was worried in case Id need to phone an ambulance. With a dead mobile phone!  Rant over.

Yeah i used to look at app and ring energy co @Former-Member they dont care
Former-Member
Not applicable

After about 3 days of talking to them a couple of times a day @TAB I got really upset and broke down into a blubbering mess. I think they felt sorry for me, and they gave me a special direct number. Even offered to provide a generator if power was not on the next day. I think they actually did care, but I know the people on the phonelines couldnt do anything about the situation. Must get sick of abuse.

Sherry

Ok. Perhaps I am cynical @Former-Member hope you get some rest
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @TAB 

I am off to bed shortly.

Good night. 😴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance