Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Hello @Emelia8  I hope you are feeling better today.

i think you hit the nail on the head when you said about the funeral and obviously the upset that comes with it for you and hubby. Alcohol is good for joining in the celebration of a life now gone, but is also acts as a downer too. 

Hope you manage to do something nice this weekend as you deserve a huge treat.

Always-hope  🌺

Dearest Em @Emelia8  I’ve just read the past few pages on your thread and my heart is breaking for you with everything that has been happening for you.

Please don’t stay away from here as many of us love you dearly. We will not leave you alone at this time.

There is a lot of love for you here and with the support of your breastcare nurse you will get through this.

Why don’t you treat yourself to that pretty green dress? I’m sure it will look stunning on you my dear friend.

Please be gentle with yourself. Here for you my gracious, loving friend.

💕💖💕💚💕💙💕🤗💕

@Emelia8 hoping you've had some nice moments in your day. Miss you and praying you're ok. I agree with @Eve7 you should buy that beautiful dress, spoil yourself. Hugs to both of you .

Enjoy your Thanksgiving lunch today Eve x🙂🤗😘🙏💞❣️

I'm sorry everyone, it appears my absence since Friday has caused some of you concern.  Friday was not a good day, in a lot of respects. I dont want you to be unnessessarily concerned, so this is a quick post to let you all know that I'm safe.  Not okay, but safe.  So please do not worry.  I will likely be a bit quiet though.  I am so sorry I am not around to support any of you right now ... that makes me very sad and causes a sense of helplessness. 😔💞

Things had been building for hubby with the war crimes report and his Dads death. On top of all his usual issues.  The live streamed funeral service for his Dad on Friday evening was a bit of a catalyst I think.  He insisted I have a drink with him during the service, and brought me a scotch. I could hardly refuse given it was in rememberance of his Dad. I havent been drinking at all since several days prior to my surgery.  It was taken on an empty stomach, and in an emotional and physical low.  It affected me almost immediately, making me dizzy and spun out.  And of course hubby doesnt know how to stop at one.  Everything escalated. I cannot go into details, but I hurt myself quite badly and have been in additional pain since.  Slowly resolving, and I am more comfortable now. But it unfortunately means I have additional difficulty in doing some of my arm and  shoulder exercises I need to do post surgery. Which is a bit of a setback for my post surgery physical recovery. Life continues to be difficult for me, and I'm feeling a little sorry for myself ... again.

I tried to get an appointment with my GP on Friday, but no appointments are available before 11th December. Too late for my needs. I will phone at opening time tomorrow to see if I can get one of his emergency appointments which they dont release until the day.  I really need to see him.

I may miss tagging some of you, but I wanted to try to tag at least those of you who have been so kind and supportive of me the past few days, including during my little meltdown on Friday evening.  My apologies if I have missed you, it was not intentional. 

Thank you so much everyone ... your kind understanding and non-judgemental support is invaluable to me, and to a great many others here.

@Anastasia @Eve7 @Former-Member  @greenpea @WIP @Owlunar @Lee82 @Bow @outlander @Sans911 @Radius @Exoplanet @Snowie @Former-Member and also @NatureLover for enquiring after my wellbeing on your thread this morning.

Emelia 😔💜🙏💞🌸

@Emelia8 ❣️🌸🌹❤️

sending love and hugs @Emelia8 im glad your safe but im sorry about your added injuries now 😞 please keep safe and reach out here and offline as much as you need. i hope your gp can give you one of those urgent appts
Heart Heart

@Emelia8  ❤️❤️

My friend so so glad to here you are safe but sad to hear you have hurt yourself. Please please keep safe. I care about you so very much. Sending you gentle hugs and letting you know that I am here for you always: 

@Emelia8 ❤️

Oh Em 😔😭

❣️❤️💞 @Emelia8 

@Emelia8 💕💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance