Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

@Emelia8  Hey beautiful I cannot read right now but will later on tonight. Thinking of you and wishing you well. Lots of love peaxxx

Dear @Emelia8 , you are not alone, we are here with you every step of the way.

Thinking of you 💕 xx

@Emelia8  HeartHeartHeart

Love your Christmas pea @greenpea 😃👍

Hello dear @Emelia8 

So much information for you to process, but as you said - mostly all on the good/positive side. I'm very happy for you.  Unfortunatley the big C is always going to bring overwhelming feelings of worry and concern, but you are a trooper & doing such a good job!  I appreciate you must feel alone, as hubby can't make it to your appointments, but we are all there with you, holding your hand and giving gentle hugs. 
Keep going with your exercises, even though they may be uncomfortable - I'm sure doing them has helped significantly.

Wishing you all the best @Emelia8 

@Emelia8 

That's a lot to deal with Em and the hardest part I can see is that you have to go to all these events alone and without a support person - I can get one for an agency if I have to deal with really hard things but mostly I go alone and during the lockdown I had a bunch of appointments and saw other people alone and it felt ordinary - but never easy - to be alone - it's tough - I know - I really feel for you

But having cancer is scary - I remember there used to be advertisements for people needing cancer checks for various reasons and the slogan was - "Cancer is a word - not a sentence" - but reading what you wrote it seems to me to be a  series of sentences and hard yards - how I wish we could all leave our virtual lives and be there for you.

As best we can we are here for you - the best we can do - what can I say? I would be there if I could - and that is in a different state and I could be sitting beside you somewhere and not know - 

I'm sorry you have such a rough prognosis - and confusing - what do you do next? It sounds as if radiation therapy is a full time task for several weeks - I am thinking about you doing that already - as you must be yourself - 

I am seldom lost for words but I seem to be atm - sending my best thoughts though and knowing that when we run short of alternatives we have to face it and for you - you are so very much alone

Sending hugs, hugs and more hugs

Dec

Best thoughtsBest thoughts

You are not alone hun. We are all here for you. By your side through it all. We can't be there physically but we are all here truly in spirit. We are always also here to listen to you always. We care about you so very much. 
thank you so much for your updates. Sending you all the strength I can and lots of gentle hugs my friend. 
@Emelia8 ❤️

@Former-Member  Hap pea afternoon to you my friend. Thanks for comment re avatar hoping it cheers up everyone on this hot, hot day. xxx

So down right now.  I see no way back up.  I hurt.  EVerything hurts.  I've drunk too much with my FILs funeral service live stream.  Hubby is down.  Spoke to breastcare nurse .. she said massage to help with nerve pain.  Hubby gets angry.  What do I do?  Life is just really hard.  Tried to get apt with my GP today.  Nothing available until 11th Dec.  Thats too late.

Holding your hand @Emelia8 that’s all I’ve got at the moment sorry. Sorry things are so hard for you 😞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance