Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: ~ The Toolshed ~

thanks @Shaz51  yeah I wonder sometimes

you wonder sometimes @TAB 😎

@Shaz51 & @Jynx I have never been disorganise. I’ve been physically and mentally exhausted or crippled with anxiety that has caused mistakes like not having pants washed for work the next day.

My house had a place for everything and everything in its place.

My problem now is that I don’t have a place of my own. That gives me organisational distress.

G

@Glisten oh for sure, that would absolutely be a source of distress! Having a space that is our own is a really big part of our sense of safety - there's a reason it's right near the bottom of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs! 

What's going on for you that means you're without your own space at the moment? 

@Jynx  I’ve been living in my friend’s apartment since September last year.

They don’t live here, but ALL their stuff is here.

I can’t stay here forever, I really need a job and a place of my own.

A Lotto win would help.

G

@Glisten oh that's rough. It's really hard to be able to totally relax when it's not your space. And job-searching is a super stressful time as well. I will keep my fingers crossed that things shift for you soon hun 🤞

@Jynx Lawyer searching took up most of my time. Number 6 lawyer has been good, but I check what they do.

Lawyers do make mistakes, at least she fixes the mistakes.

4 December 2024 is the deadline for me to finalise the property settlement with the ex-abuser. Unfortunately we never owned any real estate. His superannuation is the only thing remaining.

G

Not an easy place to be @Glisten 💜

I didn’t have any super left after using it to pay huge medical expenses then the rest to pay off debts racked up by the ex, when things went south. He got my cash, vehicles, and half of everything and I had to move out (I came in with pretty much everything, he brought debt to the marriage), while I alone paid the mortgage (after having emergency surgery on my spine to keep some use of my legs) while I had no job because I was relearning to walk. And he got to keep all his super. I couldn’t afford rent, electricity, petrol, or food (particularly when the bank was going to foreclose) so I didn’t have a lawyer…or anyone helping/family/friends.
I can really empathise…it’s no fun, where you’re at, and I really do hope things move forward for the better 🌺🙂🫂
🦩💕

@Shaz51  Thanks for tagging me in this thread. I've gone back to read the posts from the beginning. There are some really good reminders in here.

@Jynx I missed some of these snippets of wisdom.

I’m glad that I came back for another look.

G

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance