Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911 💜💜

Sitting with you @Sans911
wondering how your going? are you back home now?
💙💙

@Snowie thinking of you and sitting with you too 💛💛

@Sans911Hoping you are ok hun

@outlander Heart

I'm doing OK despite a little unsettling news today. It's a bit of distraction having my sister here which helps.

I had a very busy day yesterday. The nurse at the hospital clinic was a bit concerned about my wound so she got the plastic surgeon to have a look. At least she was in a better mood. She's mildly concerned and almost suggested surgery but knowing what I've been through has decided to wait and watch.

My sister and I them walked down to the train station to meet my Auntie for a coffee. I went off to a library tour, and met my sister after that. Auntie ad gone home as it's a long way for her on public transport.

Last night my sister asked to see my welfare files (it has info about her as well). She wanted to take photos of each page. I wasn't really happy about it, but I insisted that she put them in a folder with a lockable code. I will make sure that is done before she goes home.

Today I've dropped her off at a friend's house for lunch. I've picked up a different Auntie that lives/works nearby and we've had lunch together. She's now running errands and doing some shopping while I went to a cheapie shop for a few things. So I'm sitting on a bench chatting to you all, waiting for her to return and for my sister to call when she's finished lunch.

@outlander @Snowie @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member

I received feedback from the job interview. According to the email I interviewed OK but they didn't think I was a suitable fit for the clients they had in mind. I read between the lines a little that they possibly thought I was a little inexperienced in the position I applied for despite my lived experience.

I've found some other jobs to apply for.

I'm glad you got your sister there too then @Sans911 

It was good that you interviewed well. Crossing everything that the job hunt goes well hun.

You so9und like you have been busy.

Hoping the rest of today goes ok Heart

You have been busy @Sans911 but good to hear you have had a little down time in there also.

Good to get that feedback from the interview - it seems like they had a preconceived idea of who they wanted and it is likely they already had someone in mind ...that happens quite a lot unfortunately. Great though you are looking at more jobs already and have some to apply for - I still have faith the right one will come up for you in time.

Hugs and hugs Hon Heart

im sorry you heard some unsettling news @Sans911 did you want to talk about it at all?
im glad that you have your sister there for a distraction though Heart
Good luck with your job hunting too xox

My case manager/mh nurse is moving into an educational position @outlander. It's still in the same health service. He said he'll still see a few of his patients on a Friday for a while until a proper replacement is found. I'm meeting another colleague of his tommorow that will be assisting with some coverage. I got a little upset because as soon as he told me, I just felt gutted. Nothing good ever lasts does it? I have been close to tears a few times today (and even now) because it's taken me so long to get to know him, trust him and be honest. I like his non clinical style - he doesn't act like a nurse. More like a supportive connection.

How are you? How has your day been?

sorry it took me so long @Sans911 I hadn't realised notifications were down. I haven't had anything come through for 3 hours now.

im sorry your mh manager and nurse is moving on. that would be really hard, I know you got on quite well with him and he listened to you which seems to be quite rare in the mh world!
I hope the new manager will be a good match for you and will make transitioning a little easier.

I don't feel really any better, but ill keep that to the rough time thread for now if that's ok...
the days been average though, have been to tired to do a lot and with it still raining here theres not a whole heap to do so just hanging around trying to fill in the day abit.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance