Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

💜 @Sans911 

My sister is on a plane winging her way back to Adelaide and I'm both relieved and sad. Relieved because she's really hard work. For some reason, her short term memory is appalling. Worse than your pop @outlander I think. I would repeat my plans frequently, simply and keep the details short. But she just didn't retain the information. She's incredibly slow at get things done - I went out for an hour and half this morning. Told her when I got back we'd need to leave almost straight away. When I got home, she wasn't even showered! And she had to blow dry her hair! Don't get me wrong I really love her, but she tested my tolerance and resolve on many occasions this last week. I also asked her to take care of several tasks for me that were really very important but they were never done. And probably never will be. Her own children (all adult with their own children) and partner seem to have far greater precedence and priority than me. There is always some drama happening every few days back home.

Anyway I have whinged enough now. I have my home back to just me and the cats. I'll likely be in bed early tonight and tommorow is a half rest, half clean up day.

Evening @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member

Missing @Teej and @CheerBear

Evening @Sans911 .... mixed feelings, definitely.

Listening, with lots of these 💜❤️💗

Family can be draining under any circumstance @Sans911 but it certainly seems your sister was even more so this week. I get that love/hate relationship - have that with my Mum and at times with my sister too. Luckily I don't have to deal with the same that you have had to with memory loss and not doing things you have asked.

It has been a really full on couple of weeks for you Hon so no surprise you need some You time and rest. It will be great to spend that time with your cats and do what you want for a couple of days. Rest up Hon and enjoy your fur babies company Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope 💜💙💜💙

hearing you @Sans911 💜💜💜

Nice to have visitors @Sans911 , but equally nice to see the back of them, and have our personal space back. Just my personal opinion of course. Good night and sleep well. 

😴💗

I adopted a fur baby today @Sans911 ..... I drove an hour to go fetch her home .....

Aww @Faith-and-Hope

Can you tell me more? Are you able to share a photo?

I have on F&A thread @Sans911  if you scroll back a page or so.

I only have her in my room for now, and can hear her purring from here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance