Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Niquas Notes

I thought I might try some 'journalling' . Just write a little blurb out each day, basically what I'm already doing . . . just giving it a name . . a title, I suppose? But to give it some 'umph' in my head I'm going to try & remember how to start a new thread & call it 'Niquas Notes' 🙂
It's not even 11.30am & I'm having a tomatoe & onion sandwich for lunch 🙂 I think I've been forgetting to 'get around' to a few meals lately. It's pretty good 🙂
I think I need to go into town today & check the post office, I may have a parcel to collect (evil ebay again!). I might get some meat while I'm in there (probably sausages ;)), I don't think I've had a lot of it lately - though I had Tuna in some fried rice the other night 🙂 Pretty sure I've got a couple of DVDs to collect from the library too 😉 {which means waiting until after 2pm at least as they close from 1-2pm for lunch} Today being Wednesday, it's an off-lead walk day, so I'll take the puppies along & drop into the local Forest on the way back home 🙂 I really enjoy that walk myself, it might be one I've done a million times, but that's sort of part of what I think I really enjoy about it?;)? & of the camp trips, beach walks & places that I have been going to for a little while now - the local 'home' forest walk still gives us the most freedom & me the most confidence 🙂
I think I am recovering from the xmas kerfuffle. I've just polished off a banana, which I would normally have at breakfast, so I've just combined morning & midday meals 😉 & I've got a bottle of water with just a touch of Apple Cider vinegar in it :x I actually quiet like the tang & I do beleive my insides appreciate it 🙂 I've been having quite a few nasty waves of nausea washing over me for a while now.
I need to start 'beating myself up a bit' about the housework! I did get some dishes done before I went away, but there's still a mountain of pots and pans there!! & my mountains of dirty washing are growing death defying peaks!!! I did also get 1/2 the yard mowed, but the other half is overgrown & the 1st 1/2 could do with a trim (00)! & the general clutter continues to compact.
I must look online at what the costs of registering my puppies will be in my council, maybe I can do that while I'm in town? If I got the genny going & started tackling the dirty washing, I could mow my little fella's feet inbetween cycles . . . & then we could go to a favourite 'look-out' spot for a walk 😛 . . . that'd be nice 🙂
Well, by the time I get online, it'll be past Potatoe hour. So I'd better stop blurbing & post 😉
Love to all that need or want it, everything positive gratefully accepted 🙂
❤️

520 REPLIES 520

Re: Niquas Notes

Smiley Very HappyHeartHeart @Former-Member 

Happy journarling @Former-Member! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

19:15 - I did pretty well with my trip into town & my afternoon off-lead walk with the dogs 🙂 I did have a parcel at the post, a fairly practical one; I bought a bulk pack of 10 electrical tapes; & not those spindley, few wraps around a piddly little flimsy core rolls - proper full rolls of good quality stuff that's likely to last a little longer 🙂
I got some Kabana!?! I read the label as best I could & didn't see anything with obvious gluten in it - I intend to steam it; I also bought an instant container of potatoe bake . . . now there's an easy dinner 🙂
There were 3 DVDs waiting for me at the library. I pick them out online, choosing from date; & so far I still haven't run out of current ones 😄
I actually didn't do too bad before the trip into town today either. I did get the genny going & the washing machine {just put it on the line not to long ago :)}; I also managed to clip the little fellas feet & with those natural Ug boots shaved off, it meant we could go to a favorite look-out spot for a walk 😄 🙂 {I also bagged up the rubbish & remembered to drop it off on the way into town! [I almost always forget & the rubbish goes for a ride into the shops before I drop it off on the way back home ;)]}
My arificial navigator, GPS, failed me!!! It's never done that as completely as it did, before!! But . . . adding to the days list of not bads . . . I found it myself, from memory & road signs 😄 🙂 The young fella had a ball! 😄 & I didn't see the little fella limp once from the nasty prickles 😉 I've been to this spot many times, normally just marching up to the look-out & then marching back down 🙂 Enjoying all the beautiful views along the way 😄 But this time I decided to find a path around the base of the hill, to see if I could look up at it somewhere along the way & see it from below. It wasn't hard to find a path, I just followed the most popular Roo track 😉 . . . & the fence-line 🙂 I didn't really find a spot with a clear view of the top, the native bush was too thick all the way down. There were a couple of spots I made a mental note about returning with a camera & taking some pics 😉 After a while, as I wandered along, I saw a few wallabies or small roos & thought "Oh young fella, your missing out on such excitement!" 😄 That's when I noticed he'd 'disapeared', as he does at times, probably in the mist of another walllaby or roos excitement! 😄 [I don't believe he would ever catch one & I don't encourage him to chase anything! . . . I'm just not stupid ;)]
The little fella & I got back to the car, I got out a ciggerette & was sitting on top of the table provided under a sheltered picnic spot at the look-out. I began the whistling and calling routine . . . it took a little while, long enough that the touch of panic was starting to seep in around the edges of my calls. Eventually a huffing, puffing puppy came drooling out of the bush. I always give the dogs a treat when the come after I've called them, he was puffing so much he couldn't even look at the treat! {The little fella enjoyed his :)} There were these big long tennis-shoe lace like slobbers from either side of his mouth, so I poured him a drink - he was huffy so much that he couldn't even lap the water at first! but he finally caught his breath enough to take his fill 🙂 He'd had a GOOD run 😄 😄 😄 I'd enjoyed the walk even though I didn't find an angle at which I could see the peak upwards; the scenery on the 'other-side' was just as beautiful - paddocks as far as the eye could see, with nothing in particular in them {maybe a couple of cows:)} 1 paddock in particular caught my eye, it had a nice dam on it & a few good sized sheds - I found myself day-dreaming about camping there 🙂 But a gorgeous green stretched out from left to right, to the blue skyline, dotted with fluffy clouds with flat grey bottoms; the wind whistled as it wisked past & caused a wave in the grasses & tree leaves. It was a good walk 🙂
Well, I just had my child's phone call - it was a free flowing good one 🙂 I wait until my child has called before I watch a DVD because the little DVD player I have depends on a remote control {which I've lost} to be able to pause it - once I get it going, if I have to stop it, I have to start from the begining all over again! X0 I think I'll watch a new show from the library tonight 🙂
Niqua.

@Former-Member 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thursday 8th Feb

I didn't want to watch a DVD last night? I think it's got to do with having to wait until my child's call, as I can't pause without the remote {which I've lost}. I would say I look forward to watching a show, following someone else's story on the box - as long as it's not my own, I can 'get away' from my own within it. I've watched an series of 'Call the Midwife' that I got from the library, I thought it might have been a bit of a flunk - but my goodness what a tear jerker! I cried in every episode!
Somethings still 'not quite right' with how things are processing. I don't know if it's better or worse being able to tell these days - sometimes it leads to thoughts like - 'it's been over 50 years & it's still happening' & 'it's sooo hard to recognize!' & 'it goes on for soooo long!' and more unhelpful ones like 'I just want to be normal'! But what is normal? Unfortunately, I think I am normal, I think everybody is dealing with Neuro-biological disorders; because I don't think they're disorders - I think they're individual processes . . . that just don't fit in to the big machine. In fact I think it's the machine that's burning out the wiring in the average Human brain!!!
I don't have any plans for today, I normally don't, those things form during the actions of the day 🙂 Housework is a constant plan that I just don't put into action very much 😉 Though I know I can & I know it's easier & I feel better when I do. Maintaining & re-packing camping gear is usually a constant too, but I'd have to say I nearly cringe at the thought of the idea right now! {I don't think that's a good sign?}
I don't want to go anywhere right now. I would still like to look at water - but only if it's in my backyard! I want a good flood!! I want to get locked in here for a month - break the 3 week record. I want the only sound to be the helicopter bringing in the meds & baby stuff!!! It happens out here, I'm not asking for much! 🙂 !
__________________________________________________________________________________

I've not long obeyed Potatoe hour & gotten off-line at least, if not, as supposed to be, off the computer 😉 It's 1/4 to 1pm & I've just finished the last of the Kabana from dinner last night {there were 2 in the packet & I couldn't finish 1/2 of 1 :)}, in the form of a sausage-on-bread come Hotdog 🙂 Quite yummy 😛 & I've just opened & taken a bite of my breakfast banana 🙂 I should get myself something to drink other than coffee, but you can't rush these things 😉 I'll let 'brunch' go down for a bit before I get too carried away . . . with something as frivolous as water or the likes :D!:)!;)!

I went outside & felt the Sun on my skin just before 🙂 it felt lovely, I thought about getting the outside mattress out & having a lay in that lovely radiation of heat, sprawled on top of it; but I got side-tracked by a tent pole that wouldn't expand for me & after squirting it with everything I could find to squirt it with, even trying a little fuel poured down between where the pipes go in together . . . I have managed to get it to turn a little but still not yet expand out like it should! But it won't beat me that easily, I really only came back in to get a couple of multi-grips, or something that'll grab hold of the pole bits; 1 for the knobbly bit {that's the best I can describe it :D} & 1 for the other end to see if I can't get it to move . . . up, down, round & round, . . . just move; then at the very least I'll make a wonderful mess trying to pour motor oil or the likes, down between the teeny-weeny little gap where the poles slide inside each other 😄

It's going to get hot in a couple of days, up round the 40's for about a week from what I can see so far {the site I check only goes a week at a time}. Blah. I might have to grab a packet of misting nozzles from the hardware store next time I visit the next town over or the city {I don't think the local is the place to go due to the exorbitant prices!} & a cheap garden hose. I've got a spot in mind for my swinging hammock-chair {which ended up being a sanctuary spot in my Center, where I had it hanging from a tree in the very back corner of the backyard} & an idea of hooking up a hose with mist nozzles at the end to hang around the chair, inside the light cotton fabric, kind of tee-pee thing I have an idea of draping down over the chair as well 🙂 In the hope of making a cool spot to relax 😄

__________________________________________________________________________________

Woo Hoo I've done the dishes Dude 🙂 There were a couple of clear drink bottles that I found at the wrong end of the dish water, that I have left for tomorrow: I think the trick is finding the rhythm & flow to do them again tomorrow 🙂
Well I can't see myself getting the genny going to do more clothes washing, so maybe I'll bring yesterdays loads in & look at the mower? Whether I do or don't I've got the dishes done & that's something for the day 🙂 I feel better just having done that. For now I'll just sit back, sip my Apple cider vinegar in water & relax 🙂
& I got the tent pole to extend enough for my likings. It really is quite stuck, but I only wanted it to come up enough to lift the shade cloth at the back door a little . . . & it's doing it 🙂
I'm feeling really tired, like I've just run a marathon or worked a super-hard double shift. I don't really understand where it's come from, it can't just be washing the dishes? I wonder whether it's this time of afternoon, something to do with the light, what brightness the sun is at, or the temperature of the day? I've just put the little fan on. Maybe I'll have a sweet drink of some sort, hhmmmm, a vanilla-caramel egg flip . . . . yes, I think that's a good idea; fuel to give me energy to get up & get the washing off the line 😉

I did get the washing off the line & I had a choc caramel egg flip 😉 No mower though - oh well, today's another day 😉

Niqua

Way to go @Former-Member Smiley Very HappyHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Friday 9th Feb 10:50

I'm still on the Forum, chatting with my friends 🙂 Mazy, Claire, you are life-lines for me ❤️ Rare cherished connections with other Human Beings 🙂 Faith, Shaz, Cheerbear, I am attracted to something about the physical processes of your brains - because that's what influences what you type on the screen; I am extremely grateful to have found & have the privileged of connecting with you ❤️
I have so many friends on this Forum, that when I try to type all their names & remember them all, I get overwhelmed.
Whatever variable voltage & chemicals involved with what I feel, when I feel friendship; might be one of those things that malfunctions? I don't seem to do positive quite right, I don't seem to react how people may expect me to - sometimes I just can't react at all, it's just a blank - like I don't know what to do?

_________________________________________________________________________________

12:40

Time to start thinking about my marching merrily along a mechanical path that leads to the wonder of washed cloth! 😄
I'm still  *GOOGLE QUOTE* - pro·cras·ti·nat·ing , pro·cras·ti·nates v. intr. To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness . . . yep - that's what I'm still doin' 😉 I feel relieved & privileged to be able to do so just about ever time I wake up these days 🙂 I don't think it's natural to wake up & run like good citizens are expected to. I think it's more natural to wake up & pee, have a drink, maybe nibble on something & then begin the processes of the brain, spinal cord & central nervous system; controlling the intricate movements of near countless muscles, reacting to every external & many internal influences, almost without contemplation - in the background type of process: leaving the forethought or conscious to tackle whatever intellectually challenging obstacles that inevitably come along the way!
So although I may have just put on the kettle for 1 last cuppa 😉 . . . I am thinking about the necessary tasks involved in washing some more clothes & stuff {more - & stuff - really, as I am very low on linen & pet accessories ;)}

The old cat's looking a bit scrawny, he had the worst time of it at xmas, he barely got to walk at all! I had 2, what I describe as cot-sized cages {in addition to the much smaller cage that he travels in}; a slightly larger 1 that folds-up & I take with me & 1 that's a solid rectangular cube & I find very useful permanently beside the house at my Center. He 'slept' in the permanent 1, but every day I would get him into the slightly larger 1 so that I could clean the other out . . . & for his benefit 🙂 I tried letting him walk from 1 to the other once, but that ended in a very frustrating, anxiety heightening, ring-around-the-rosey chase that nearly involved the neighbours place!! 😮 & as much as I did provide shade in the form of a little gazebo & canvas's etc. & a little 12vt fan + ensuring water was always available - it was still typical stinking hot summer weather & he was still stuck in a cage outside! {just as the little fella was stuck on a chain & chose to sit under the car mainly}. It was hard on an old cat. I just gave him the last of a 200ml long-life tetra-pack of cream, that I opened yesterday for a fancy egg-flip 😉 & I think as it cost something like 80 cents . . . I might make it a regular 'treat' for the ol' fella, as he seemed to really like it. I might go as far as giving him raw egg & cream on his breaky biscuits, & maybe a tin or 2 of whole sardines or an occasional piece of fresh fish for dinner & see if he gains weight? 😉

Ah, I nice cup of tea 🙂 I've had my 2 coffee's for the morning & I know I'm going into town today, where I know I'll get 1 of those double-strength iced coffee's! As soon as I've finished this I intend to go make the bed, start filling the washing machine, get appropriately dressed for town & start the generator [I've got 'Start your engines' going on in my head :D] This Grannies way past racing . . . & I guess gained enough wisdom to truly appreciate being able to just plod along at her own pace? 😉

_________________________________________________________________________________

8pm

I've just turned the genny off after a few loads of sheets mainly, I've still got a tall basket full of towels mainly & a few dog blankets 😉 . . . but I can see, pretty much all that's left, in 1 bundle 🙂 - getting there! I don't normally do washing after dark, mainly  because the lighting in the bathroom isn't very bright; but I do have 1 of those headlamp thingys strung up so the angle of the dangle points straight at the washing machine 😉 Because it was mainly sheets I just threw them over my shoulder when they were finished, & put them straight onto the line - kinda made the whole process a little quicker I think.
I didn't touch the mower yet again . . . well that's not entirely true, I did touch it - as I emptied the little Jerry can of fuel into it, after filling the generator 😉
I STRIPPED THE BED! It's not quite made yet, but it will be before I slide my old bones into it tonight. I didn't quite get to the washing in time for when I wanted to go into town & take the dogs for a walk on the way back, so I got the machine full of water, washing-powder & dirty washing;  & got the genny full of fuel, before I went: I started it all when I we got back from grabbing some super-thick pork sausages & a small head of broccoli {which I will throw in the steamer [already cleaned] very soon :)}, a tin of sardines in springwater for the old cat {which he really, really enjoyed 😄 :P}, a loaf of bread, some coconut marg {haven't tried that before?} & a few bits of this & that 😉 - including a double-strength iced coffee 😉 Then dropped into my local Forest for a relaxingly familiar walk with the boys 😉 I've even had my phone call for the night, the critters are fed - it's just me to nourish, then entertain with some DVD & bed for all {clean beds! 1 of the things I like about getting into the routine of making my bed, is that it seems to trigger my tidying up the young fella's bed too {& I've rearranged the bedroom, putting the young fellas bed on the opposite side of mine. . . I wonder what he'll think of that tonight?}, & his 'day bed' in the lounge room - gets rid of a lot of sandy grit really } 🙂

The young fella did just fine on the other side of the bed. He did lay on the concrete & look at me with sorrowful eyes for a minute or so . . . but I knew he wouldn't choose to sleep on the concrete! My only concern is that he might use the change of bed spot as a reason to have to sneak onto my bed. He didn't, seems he's learnt he really doesn't fit with me tossing & turning all night 😉

Niqua

Hi @Former-Member and everyone. Smiley Happy

Niqua, I somehow missed all your posting here since the first entry, so have some catching up to do! Great that this project is moving ahead for you. Look forward to reading the lot soon. Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

🙂 @MazaritaHeart

You were the one who inspired me to do it 😄

There is absolutely no obligation for anyone to read all of this! 😄

Hope you get some enjoyment from it Heart

Niqua

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance