Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hey @Queenie! Nice to see you again 🙂

So good to hear the visual hallucinations have settled a bit for you. And great to hear that you managed some assignments with good results! Go you!

I remember feeling a little unnerved by the quiet where I stayed at a break place too. Are there any people you can chat or hang out with there?

Crossing fingers for you with the organisation through the NDIS.

It seems that you have been able to achieve a lot while in hospital @Queenie - well done on both doing and passing the assignments - that is a big achievement. It is great that the hallucinations have lessened and I hope the voices begin to do the same. Hope everything goes well will the NDIS Smiley Very Happy

Hi folks just checking in again for the time being. Internet access has been difficult as my phone has been playing up and I don't trust the hospital's wifi. I am really sorry for missing your not-birthday @CheerBear. I've also settled with the schizy stuff a bit more but my anxiety is running rampant. I spent the entire day in hiding after being treated really aggressively by a guest at the Mrs' birthday party last night. The nurses are keeping an eye on me and now I am under the care of a new psychiatrist (my usual one has gone on leave). I get very few visitors and only the Mrs visits twice a week. I feel incredibly isolated and alone in here. There are specific groups of people here... the smokers, the craftys, the puzzlers, the moaners.... I don't fit into any of those groups so I sit in my room and pretend I am sleeping. My new medication gives me horrid nightmares but I've been told that will settle. Not good for someone with outta control anxiety. 

I feel like I am letting everyone down including myself. 

Go easy on yourself @Queenie - we are so often harder on ourselves than we need to be and that can put added pressure on ourselves. It is hard when there are so many groupings that you don't fit into in an environment where inclusivity should be the aim - hold on to those that love you - us here and your Mrs. - and hopefully once the nightmares settle and your body is more used to the meds that you can also find some more joy in your life. Hugs hon Heart

Hey @Teej. Wondering whether you might be around. Totally get you might not be or might not be up for being around, but thought I'd try just in case.

💗 to you for however your day/last few days have been.

I’m around @CheerBear. Everything ok? 

Im doing ok. Been doing my usual, coming to write on the forum then run away. 😳:face_with_rolling_eyes:

So good to see you @Teej. I've been doing the same this afternoon 😏 I was thinking of you and how many times you might have sat with wanting to post or share something but feeling really unsure about it. I'm wondering what it is that makes you choose to share when you feel like that? That probably sounds vague and maybe like I should have that one figured out myself by now 😉 and also maybe hard for you to answer which I understand, but I thought I'd ask.

@CheerBear @Teej I have seen your both under the support button and wanted to stop by and say Hi ...so HI lol

🤔 curly one @CheerBear. There is an onion girl answer of course (ogres are like onions, they have lots of layers 😊 one of my fave Shrek quotes).

some I’m happy to write here. Some not so much yet. It is truly something I really want to work through with my psych so I understand it better. Many layers are tied up with perfectionism, belonging, and maybe worthiness but I think it all feels a bit vague. Others are feeling guilty all the time for not responding to posts I feel 'I should have' and have that turn to shame. I get some of it but not enough to make all the changes.....yet 😘.

how has your day been? I’m letting you off without a curly question 😜😮💜😘. Only joking, I really don’t mind answering those kind of questions. 

Hi back @Zoe7 😘. Was good to read today was more positive and optimistic 💜. I’m really proud of how you are managing it. I think I would have curled up in the foetal position by now but I’m learning from you how to find the resilience to get up again. You can laugh at this but I had a dream last night that I was starting a job as a sso. It was all kind of crazy though and I was trying so hard to be resilient in my dream. It was really strange. I think I was chanelling some of your stuff. 🤔

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance