Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

true ay @Faith-and-Hope , I did my verandra and i think wow, now keep it  like that --- ammmmmmmm

@Shaz51, yeah the "keeping" is always the hard part. 🙂
I find that the clutter that builds up is usually the stuff that doesn't have a definite "right place", or the place it should be stored in is inconvenient. We don't have a proper home office area, for example, so an awful lot of our dining table clutter is paperwork and associated items.

We don't have a proper home office area, , yes I don`t have one either @Smc 

and then mr shaz loves putting everything in one spot in the kitchen , until i can not stand it anymore and tidy it up and the he can`t find anything 

Managed to fix a leaking toilet today after more than 12 months on the to do list.

Could not find the replacement seal required to do the job initially. Was actually told such a part was not available.

Well after purchasing  a new cistern and  getting the change over half done had to go for a new flexible water  supply hose.

Well there right beside the flexible hoses were the replacement seal. 

$2 ...job done. After already spending over$100...

That will do for now.

Probably should install the new cistern now I have it but... back in the too hard basket now the leak is fixed. 

Im Not Old Quotes. QuotesGram

@Faith-and-Hope 

Gradually getting your place sorted = yay

@Determined, we have a leak under the kitchen , mr shaz used duck tape to wrap around it 

we have rang a plumber 30 kms away but he wont come unless he has a couple of jobs this way 

so hoping the duck tape will work @Adge , @Former-Member , @Smc@Faith-and-Hope 

I hope the Duct tape works too @Shaz51 Plumbing leaks drive me nuts.

My shower is dripping again (won't shut off) - after being supposedly fixed by a plumber, at least 5 times (5 call-outs).

Adge

hope the Duct tape works too @Adge , i don`t think the plumber wants to come with this virus around xx

Just when you really Do need a plumber @Shaz51 They don't want to come....

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance