Skip to main content

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Dimity , @Zoe7 

Yes , a bit at a time here 

I look at it and go Ohhh nooo !!

Mr shaz idea of clearing is with a chainsaw 

Mum's yard in full of trees too lots of birds and butterflies 

My yard where our house stood , I like ixora bushes and easy grow things which Mr shaz agrees is good 

🤞fingers crossed for you @Dimity 

I agree a bit at a time @Shaz51 . I love trees, I hope you can hold back mr shaz from being too drastic. I look out on a big old spotted gum and some smaller trees. Ixoras are nice, they're one of the few subtropical things you can grow in Melbourne. Do you have any fruit trees?

Did have some Mini fruit trees but they died @Dimity 

We have 2 avacodos trees on our land which is now cutting out our  view in the front , so they might need a trim soon 

Hi all

Came back to revisit this thread for inspiration.  Revisiting self.care strategies as we transition into a new (life) season and as the days.are getting longer has seen me back out in the garden. Have done very little over the past couple of.years due to responsibilities and the season we were in. 

At the current rate of progress I am expecting it to take a good 6 months to get on top of. The little bit I have started.looks amazing. 

2 hours in this little effort 

1000024554.png

1000024555.png

Hot tip

Grass trees are really reeeally flammable and I do not recommend having fire anywhere close. This one caught alight by accident and it was just a little bit exciting. 

I am surprised we did not get a visit by a big red truck 🚒 

@Shaz51 , @Faith-and-Hope 

I know you both have green thumbs 😄 

1000024556.png

1000024557.png

  

Way to go @Determined …..

Pics not showing yet tho

Last week effort