Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

"I've called you all here because I need some honest answers." (A la Mr. Burns.)

I was part of a Facebook support group for eighteen months.

In March, I left there because I didn't feel like I was getting enough support when I reached out for help myself. I enjoyed responding to other people, and putting up comics and stuff, but when I poured my heart and soul out into a post, I would get no reply.

I think I talked about the same issue too much (break-up, social life or lack thereof), and people got sick of it.

I messaged a moderator, asking her what she thought, and she didn't reply, after three days. I got annoyed with her, so now I'm banned for life. Like seriously, who doesn't reply to a message about being ignored? It felt like a sick joke.

I really miss that place. That was my only audience, and I kind of miss having friends, albeit online.

My question is, how do you feel about venting about an issue on here, and when does it become too much?

Even if I stopped talking about my break-up on that group, it still would have hurt. I carry it with me every single day of my life. If I was allowed to stay, I would have just kept it to myself.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: "I've called you all here because I need some honest answers." (A la Mr. Burns.)

Hi @Former-Member and welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

That is a good question you have asked. I don't think there is any definitive answer as we are all different and all have different 'issues' we are dealing with. Many things in our lives take time to come to terms with and thus it can be a longer process to begin to move through. I sense that you are struggling with this break up partly because you have not been heard - and that is certainly something you will get here. There is no timeline on your feelings nor how you work through them but having others to bounce things off and help you work through them can definitley help.

I hope you can find that support here and along the way can begin to sort through some of those things that you are struggling with and maybe begin to move forward.

Again - welcome to the forum and welcome to the community here Smiley Very Happy

Re: "I've called you all here because I need some honest answers." (A la Mr. Burns.)

Hello again @Former-Member and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about that stuff. It says more about those rude people than you, sounds like you were just trying to make some friends and vent, which is perfectly fine, it's part of life and we all need to do it at some point. Don't feel bad or guilty, it's their loss and their problem, you did nothing wrong.

I hope you can find some support and friendships here. These forums are welcome for you to vent and get support, aswell as support others, within the rules of course (you can find the rules/community guidelines around the website), that's what they're for. Don't feel like you shouldn't vent because of some people, feel free to. That's what we're here for.

Take care.

@Former-Member  Another welcome from me.

Breakups are never easy. I’m glad there is no time limits to working through this kind of pain, otherwise I possibly would have overdone the limit well and truly.

I’m also sorry about the fb stuff. It would have just been a common courtesy to reply to you.

I hope you find support here.

A forum tip. The @ brings a dropdown with names you can tag.

I hope to see you around.

hi @Former-Member you are very welcome hereHeart,feel free to vent and post as much as you need x

Hi @Former-Member . Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

FWIW, a lot of times I don't respond to other peoples' posts because I don't feel like I have anything to add to the discussion. It's not that I want to ignore them or anything.

Also, keep in mind that, on a forum like this, pretty much everybody is probably going through stuff at any given time, and so they mightn't have the time/strength to get involved in a forum discussion. I myself tend to dip in and out of this place, because I'm just not up to getting involved with the forums every single day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance