Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Ripped-apart
Contributor

New member.

Hi there members of Sane. This is my first post. I have been struggling all my life with severe depression and the last 4 years with severe anxiety. This last week has been especially difficult to cope. But today is my first day I have been able to function and actually seek medical help. 

Life has been one long traumatic ride. I am struggling to find help that is affordable as I need a special counsellor to help me thru my journey. 

I hope your travelling better than me xo stay strong and keep going. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: New member.

@Ripped-apart  Its nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I am so glad you have joined us here. If  you type @ a drop down box will appear and you will be able to tag members. 

I too have depression and anxiety and I can relate to how you're feeling and how this impacts you. I hope your Dr was able to support you today.  I will also tag a few other members and hopefully they will pop in and welcome you too. @Maggie @Owlunar @greenpea @Shaz51 @TAB @Appleblossom @Snowie @BlueBay @Flying_Hams 

@Ripped-apart 

Thank you for coming here and joining. I hope you find much support, healing and love here. It's a very good community. Do stick around and do not give up here.  

@Ripped-apart  Hey Ripped-apart and welcome to the forums :Dx

@Ripped-apart  Another welcome from me.

I hope you find a therapist to walk with you through your journey.

I’m glad you have found us here. I hope today is ok.

@Ripped-apart
G'day there. Good to see you again today 🙂

Hi @Ripped-apart and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I too suffer from depression and anxiety (amongst other things) so know how important it is to find that special counsellor to help us through all of this.

Most people start with telling us 3 things about yourself, but only if you feel comfortable to do so.

Just a note, if you use the @ key then you can tag members so they will get a message that you replied to them.

I hope you find the forums as supportive as I do.

Hope you have a good day 😉

Hi @Ripped-apart 

I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been struggling for such a long time. Living with mental health issues can really take its toll Smiley Sad

It's great that you have been able to reach out to the forums for support and seek medical help Smiley Happy

Finding and accessing affordable counselling is something that unfortunately many of us struggle with. I really hope that you find that special person who can provide the care and support that you need.

Hope to see you around the forums Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Thank you very much for the welcoming. It makes it a bit easier to reach out. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance