Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar

Hello @Oaktree 

Your suggestion about a party in the “hangar” is well received and wholeheartedly supported.

"

A fabulous, elegant party in what would otherwise be informal surroundings. Brings a smile to my face. We can close the doors to keep the wind out and move everything that is inside to make enough space. We'll have to make sure there is not a speck of oil anywhere, everything will have to be spick 'n' span. The idea of white tablecloths, flowers and decorations, food and refreshments sounds fabulous. I'm enjoying the anticipation already. Even the planes can be used as displays or part of the decorations

"

I, just a few minutes ago, said how pleased I am that the “hangar" has been so well received by forum members.

Thank you for the suggestion about holding a special party in the “hangar”

"

Would you believe that I just realised that I have made an error in my spelling of the word “hangar”, which Wikipedia states is:

A hangar is a closed building structure to hold aircraft or spacecraft. Hangars are built of metal, wood, or concrete. The word hangar comes from Middle French hanghart ("enclosure near a house"), of Germanic origin, from Frankish *haimgard ("home-enclosure", "fence around a group of houses"), from *haim ("home, village, hamlet") and gard ("yard").

Hangars are used for protection from the weather, direct sunlight and for maintenance, repair, manufacture, assembly and storage of aircraft.

A cutaway diagram of a hangar

"

Now, I should have twigged to my error when @Emelia8  announced her arrival at the hangar saying:

"Hey @HenryX ... I just taxi-ed to a halt in your new hangar. What a great idea!"

and @TAB had tried to let me know also.

Thanks to both of you.

"

A hanger is for draping clothing or decorations over, so we can still use “hangers” in the “hangar”, we'll just need more of them.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX

Hello @Meggle

Your reaction to pranks, when learning to use a mask and snorkel, is very understandable. It is a pity that the experience has put you off. It is something with which you need to feel very comfortable, and take progressively in order to develop confidence, even under favourable conditions. That is particularly so after a bad experience. It really is a very pleasant pastime.

Best Wishes

@HenryX

5616D8C8-5220-427B-9077-D1E93D2BE0E3.png

Was airstrip near Pucka @HenryX a young Regular Army @ Tab got a lift down there in a Hercules from Amberly in early 80s lol

Can picture you in your hey day @TAB 

You and @HenryX might have crossed paths? 

Here a pic to take you back Tabby  Cat 🐱

Screenshot_2021-10-16-11-54-59-53.jpg

Ha ha @Anastasia it was in 1982 or 3 don't remember name of Exercise we were with RAAF, well in camp , not on actual work which was communications which included delivering signals to exercise area haha we ended up delivering pizzas all armed and in Land Rover lol

Haha @TAB 

Perfect for the party don't you think @HenryX @Emelia8 @Oaktree @Former-Member all here?

Screenshot_2021-10-16-12-12-16-35.jpg

lol @Anastasia  .. more like that with pizza on front seat lol

Australian Military Land-Rovers and Military Radios -REMLR

Hi @Anastasia , and @TAB , @Former-Member , @Emelia8 ,

Love the flying kitten, delivery cat and Range Rover, military style.

Pizzas for the party, yes, yes, yes delivered in whatever way is available.

Cheers, @HenryX 

Love Hawaiian pizza @Anastasia @HenryX @TAB @Oaktree @MDT @Emelia8 I will forget my healthy eating right now. Haha!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance