Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

MaryBeth1
Casual Contributor

Desperate for help :)

Hi everyone.  I have severe anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD, health anxiety and severe cronic health issues with insomnia. I have a mental health plan but unable to find a bulk billing psychologist. So this is my last resort 🙂 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Desperate for help :)

Hi @MaryBeth1 and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I am sorry to hear you are going through so much at the moment and are unable to find a psych.

That must be a hard place to be in. I too suffer from multiple mental illnesses so can understand, to some extent, where you are coming from. 

I hope you find the support on here that you are looking for.

Would you like to tell us a few things about yourself?

Thank you for your reply. I don't even know where to start. I am just sooo scared. I just had multiple clots in both my lungs 5 months ago and since then I am not coping at all. It seems to have tipped the scale too far to the other side and all I keep thinking is.. I am going to die and my 2 small kids are not going to have a mum.

That must be very scary for you @MaryBeth1 

I also have two children. I worry all the time what my mental illness is doing them and how they are affected. Not the same I know as your worry about them not having a mum, but still a worry.

What do you like to do in your spare time/for fun?

I like to be out doors, use to go swimming everyday and lots of reading. Studying. Currently nothing. Too sore to move and anxiety through the roof

Hi @MaryBeth1 I am sorry to hear of what you're going through. We need more free psychologists in this country, my hope is that is the future for all seeking mental health support. While I can imagine how hard it is to be in limbo without a face to face support, we are here in the mean time. Our community is very kind and empathetic, as you can see by our wonderful @Snowie Heart In addition, the SANE Help Centre is open 10am-10pm weekdays. You can book a call here Smiley Very Happy You're not alone @MaryBeth1 

Thank you! Everyone here does a amazing job. I am thankful to have discovered this site. Hopefully I can start to let go a bit.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance