Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Useful resources

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: R U OK?

@Former-Member 

Gardening = πŸ˜€

Being intentional making friends = hard work

Sending gentle thoughts your way.

@Sophia1 

Think of you and yours - wondering if you got new house built.

You sound quite grounded @Former-Member for someone who has been through so much trauma along with loss..

You also sound open to change..

along with having a realistic approach..

Grieving is so very different for each of us...

opening up about your loss on here is hopefully helping that journey..

Chatting to passing neighbours whilst gardening is a lovely way to meet people within the community..

take care

@Former-Member  new home not yet finished is at lock up stage now though..

we visit every day and note progress made..

is getting me out of the house as I have been isolating again...

So build has many benefits along with headaches.

paint colours!!!

The walls are starting to resemble murals that have gone wrong..

I have spent so much time on this and husband being picky...so I let him know all up to him..

we now have 3 more sample pots to add to the other multitude..

rainbow walls...

I hope that you and Mr Darcy are both happy where you are..

Sophia πŸ’š

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for tagging me @Sophia, how are you? R.U.OK? 😁 Wow, that's very encouraging of you, seeing me as 'grounded' - realistic and adaptable - thank you - people don't usually say the positive qualities they see in each other, I sure need to hear it. I do try to be grounded, see the bigger picture - or God's point of view, when I can, when the quagmire hasn't got a stranglehold of me, but I walk a tightrope too often, and sometimes lose the plot 😞.
Youre right abour the gardening, I've made 4friends / acquaintances chatting to passing neighbours whilst gardening.
🏠 Are you building a new home? How exciting! When is it expected to be finished - moved in to?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member 

I have felt so blessed by your presence on the forum. I am so very grateful for the decluttering thread you started -  it was such an inspiration and it helped me immensely both practically and psychologically (we now have a declutter-home maintenance thread on the carers side now).

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member, I wasn't sure if you made the connections with my old profiles. My Tawney Lapses was much more motivated here. I've seen the declutter thread on carers side but not sure where I belong, which side (carer, consumer, whatever... I've been both full on this last 18months irl ). You moved to your new place haven't you? Is that working out? How's your hubby? Sister?
I wish my sister would shelve her stubborn grudge against me. Observers have Observes have said - "ya have to accept that - ya just not good enough for her" But that doesn't make sense to me. One of the last things my sister wrote to me was "you hate me" - which is wrong, big sisters don't hate baby sisters, ever, we, no in my belief system. Why am I talking about sisters,? Sorry. Thanks for encouraging. OP, now I'm crying again. I don't understand anything lol
Hugzz πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸ¦‰

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member 

I know you understand so very much πŸ˜€.

How did you get on with shoulder & teeth?  Do you thibk you might do some grief counseling?  

Move went OK thanks, house is nicer/in better condition than old place, with opportunity to renovate a little.  Hubby is enjoying the newness of a place and organising the various things we are wanting to do about the place. My sister is thinking of getting another dog which I see as a positive.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @Former-Member, hoping to find a psychologist with Grief Counselling experience, but honestly think the Bible offers more understanding about death than most counsellors have in head knowledge. In my experience. Finding a believing psychologist is impossible.
Glad you like your knew home πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ¦‰
Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member, how are you? Thanks for popping up. I'm fine ta. Almost happy (physical aches and pains aside) and honestly have no idea why, but glad to run with it. maybe someone's praying πŸ™
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  πŸ˜€:ok_hand:🌸

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance