Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Mulgajane
Senior Contributor

Hashimotos and Bipolar

Hi folks 🙂

I have Hashimotos (Hypothyroid autoimmune disease) and Bipolar II and I am interested to hear if anyone has a health practitioner who is well versed in the two.

The link between them is acknowledged but it's early days as to how best to heal a thyroid. Certainly for western medicine anyhow.

This link is interesting:

http://psycheducation.org/treatment/thyroid-and-bipolar-disorder/

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hashimotos and Bipolar

Hi again @Mulgajane - great to see a conversation about this topic.

Did just want to clarify that while we can't talk about specific practitioners in an anonymous forum like this - it's more than OK to discuss the topic generally.

Hopefully if anyone has any experience of these diagnoses they will jump in here.

All the best!

Okay @s-jay

I forgot about that.

I gather that means though that we can mention medical practice but just no names?

So I could say that I have a wonderful doctor but not give any clue as to who it is?

I am not interested in outing people at all, I just recognise that how we are treated by the medical system is going to be a subject on people's minds.

And that we are all looking for a cure! 🙂

Hi @Mulgajane - yes that's right - just no identifying info of doctors or centres etc.

With you on looking for cures and help!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance