Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What can you do when a loved one doesn't want help? // Tues 22 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Welcome @light87 It is really difficult when someone is resistant to help. Sounds like you're doing all that you can for your little sister. How do you manage yourself, perhaps you have some strategies that can help others.

Re: Topic Tuesday // What can you do when a loved one doesn't want help? // Tues 22 Oct, 7pm AEDT

Hi and welcome @light87 ! Great to have you join us- yes that can be a really tough feeling. Hopefully the insights from tonight help 😊

Hi @light87 

A very warm welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you aboard.  Thanks for posting on our Tuesday Topic thread about your situation.  I am sure that the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.  I am the moderator this evening. Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum.  The Guidelines are also a very useful doc,

cheers Whitehawk

Hey Daphne - thats interesting about rescuing and caring. I feel like she needs my support all the time but shes not always asking for it. And then when she doesn't want my help it feels like I should help her even more. I do try to seperate my feelings that come up of worry but its hard to try to balance that

I get frustrated coz I wish I could do more but I want to respect her as well 

hello @light87 , @Lauz , @Daphne 

my mr shaz has cancelled all help

and he goes on and off his meds many times over the years , i find it hard to find a balance

@light87 I think it's important to remain respectful of your sister but I can understand your frustration. Have you ever asked your sister how you can best support her, or told her how you feel when she doesn't want your help. 

Thanks for the heads up. I am late joining but wii try to catch up😀

hi everyone sorry im late @Lauz @Daphne and everyone
I got a little confused by thread the same name 😬
just sitting down with a cuppa now so can chat here

Hi everyone.

Sorry I'm late.

It's only 4.35pm here (WA).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance