Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Life With NDIS// Tues 22nd June, 7-:8:30PM AEST

So sorry @Adge about your experience. That sounds very frustrating and disenfranchising.

Meggle

Hi Forums Community and Welcome to Topic Tuesday! Tonight, we'll be discussing the NDIS with a special guest from Life Without Barriers @SandeeLWB along with @Rappa 

I'll hand over to @SandeeLWB & @Rappa to introduce themselves 

For the community: Please feel free to introduce yourself and let us know what you are most interested to get out of the discussion tonight?

If you are feeling distress at any time during this live discussion, there are support options available to you. You can start a new discussion on the forums and talk to other members, contact the SANE Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or find crisis support options here.

Sorry @Adge I was refused as well but I asked for a review of the decision and was then accepted after submitting reports from my tdoc & pdoc. Please don't give up, keeping on them to accept you! 

BB 🐰💙

So sorry to hear about your experience with NDIS. I hope in the future your able to obtain the support your need

Hi I am Meggle and I have been on the NDIS for the last year and a half. I do find the NDIS a very difficult framework and hard to work with. I had my funding cut quite a lot this year.

Good evening all ! My name is Sandee and I have been a community support worker for the past 15yrs . I have worked in group homes for youth and disabilities , sub acute units for mental health and I have even had a stint in jail … in a correctional facilty supporting clients whos sentence was spent transition back into the community .
I have recently started a role as an Intake and Engagement officers for Life Without Barriers which has enabled me to have a holistic view on the way the NDIS plans are prepared and implemented .

Hi @Adge,

We are so sorry to hear how hard it has been for you to access NDIS support. That feeling of falling through the gaps is so hard and is something we are hearing a bit on the forums, and your experience in this discussion is so valuable if it is something you want to continue to share in. There are still many people here on the forums feeling that same feeling and you will likely find more members here who can relate and offer support Heart 

Hi @SandeeLWB 

What is life without barriers (sorry I haven't looked it up)?

Thank you @Oaktree @MrsFahey 

Thank you @bipolarbunny 

Thank you @Daisydreamer You are very kind.

Adge

Welcome @SandeeLWB and @Rappa 🙂 Thank you for joining us! Really looking forward to learning more about Life Without Barriers and the NDIS. It's a topic that is discussed really often on the forums and looking forward to exploring it more
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance