Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Mental Health Week Competition

Hi everyone!

We are running a competition for SANE Forum members to creatively express the concept of 'Self Care'

Prize winners will recieve a $50 Myers/Coles gift card.

All you need to do is submit a creation that represents 'self care'. 

Here is some inspiration -

- A poem about self care and what it means to you

- A photo of something you created as an act of 'self care' (artistic creation, sewing)

- A representation of an activity you do to engage in self care (a photo of your dog that you like to walk)

- A representation of the benefits of 'self care'

Email your entry to team@saneforums.org & include;

- Your entry (as an attachment or embedded in the body of the email)

- Your forum username

- Your postal address & telephone number to notify you in the event you win a prize

- You must include a short explanation of how your entry ties into the theme of 'self care'

The competition opens at 6:00 AM EST on Monday 6 October 2014 and closes at 23:59 PM on Thursday 9 October 2014.

Please be aware, your entry may be posted by SANE Australia in the Forums. For this reason, Forum Guidelines will required to be followed. In particuar, the content of your entry must not contain identifying information (eg: A photo of yourself).

Personal information, such as your address, which is required for your entry, will not be published. Your username will be used in the forums when winners are announced.

Entries will be judged on creativity and relevance to the theme of self care.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mental Health Week Competition

Hi everyone,

The competition has now closed.

We will be contacting prize winners over the weekend.

Keep an eye on your email.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to submit an entry!

NikNik

Hi,

I only just signed up to this forum, so I didn't know you were running a self care comp. That's a great idea and I wish everyone the best.

I just thought I'd add that for myself, I chose to write down everything that happened and was said by my wife when she was hospitalised recently for SZ. Then every night I would translate it into my laptop screenwriting software as a movie script. Some of the stressful events turned out to be sort of funny when I read it back as it gave me a different perspective and made me laugh. I don't intend on writing actually writing a real screenplay about her illness, but I found it to be therapeutic. A bit weird I know, but in times of stress we do whatever it takes to get us through.

Cheers.

I don't think it's weird at all bre78! Sounds like a great way to cope. Writing things down, and tuning into our creative side can indeed by very therapeutic.

It's a pity that the competition has closed, but keep an eye out for upcoming events. Smiley Happy

Hi Bre 78. I did the same thing. I couldn't survive without 'black humour'. It's the type of humour only another carer would appreciate.Keep writing. You never know where it might end up. I started writing in a journal simply to keep me sane. It was for therapeutic purposes only, never for another soul to read. Years later, with the encouragement of Anne Deveson, I re-tackled it and turned it into a book manuscript. Then amazingly, it got published by a reputable book publisher, New Holland publishers. As a result, I received hundreds of letters and emails from other carers and did lots of TV and radio interviews which all helped to raise awareness of mental health. So please keep up your writing, even if for now it's just for therapeutic reasons. Hold on to everything.You could have a nugget of gold there!

best self care i do for myself is to make sure i walk out side for half an hour no matter what the weather and paint my nails once a week. no mater how busy you might get or run down and bored. Doing some thing little for your self always helps 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance