Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Alto
New Contributor

son is not right

hi my son is in his late 20's. he has studied all his life and being a relatively high achiever completing 2 degrees, now mid way into his third.  We support him and he is living at home with us and one other younger siblings, who is working.  In the last 6 months he has become increasingly anxious demanding the house is kept free of clutter and if it is not, he tends to become highly agitated , directing alot of anger and frustration at us. Recently culminating in him screaming and crying in his room. he has been seeking counslling at uni however i am removed from those discussions., shoudl we seek session inlvolvoing myself and him?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: son is not right

Hi @Alto Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry your family is going through this.  Have you thought of taking your son to see a GP. They will be able to refer him to a psychiatrist or a psychologist who will be able to help him.

Take care🌸

@AltoIt is important to find some way to communicate around the difficult issues.  He has to be ready to do so.  Usually live in family have some rights for input.

Hi @Alto Am sorry this is happening for yourself and family. I think its important that you are included in this as it is obviously affecting the whole family as well as your son. Seems you are all suffering. You can’t help when you don’t know what your dealing with hey? Perhaps a GP to refer to psychologist for your son and gentle communications with him in the hope that he may open up to you. Wishing you success with this and peace of mind.

Hi @Alto,

I think your first step would be having a simple conversation with your son, and finding out if he is happy for you be involved in some sort of recovery with him. Discussions with your GP for a referral to see a counsellor/psycologist. Note you maybe able to also get a Mental Health plan set up by your GP. Best of luck.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance