Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

outlander
Community Guide

refinding the zest

hello fellow carers

im in need of some assitance and advice from my elders and/or people who have been in this position before.

i have lost my zest for life and right now its dangerous not to have the will to want to be here. i would rather be here but when these thoughts come they overwhelm me and i find that i can find a reason to keep going.

i need to try and rediscover something and light the fire within again

does anyone have any suggestions on how i could do this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: refinding the zest

Oh @outlander I hear your pain and worry, I have been in that mind space more times than I care to admit. I find that when like this I need to touch base with the world again, I need to do something that reminds me that I am more than a mum and a carer of the mentally ill. I really understand that finding time can be hard but this is crisis time and no matter what you need time out. Time to recognise yourself again.
This might sound bizarre but I often put my earphones in and play either relaxing or dance music. I get into my own world/space where I can't hear anyone and I dance/ wiggle/ sway away and let some of the pressure out.
A girlfriend once told me that taking time out may feel selfish and prove a lot to organise but it's a lot less than it would be if I was no longer here or in a facility myself.. true words.
Life is a gift, sometimes it feels like that gift is wrapped so tight you can never open it to enjoy so look at it like a challenge. The alternative is not an option.
Look after you.

Re: refinding the zest

hi @Exhausted1
ive been in this state of mind before but I wasnt scared. I am scared and I want to be able to have a better life. I would rather be scared, its better that way. I dont want to become that numb to things again that I just dont care anymore so ive decided to try and get help before I get to that point again.
Its so hard to argue with the thoughts esp when they flood my brian and its hard to think of anything else.
I love being a carer dont get me wrong and I still want to do that but I dont know. I feel ive lsot touh with everything.
I dont really know who I am anymore. I just dont know.
It doesnt sound bizzare to me, im glad you can do that.
I wish life wasnt that big of a challenge, I just want something good to happen. Is that really to much to ask rather than just bad and worse..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance