Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

no one is listening

i am struggling with my eating but nobody is listening to me about it and everyone just keeps ignoring it because i am not underweight but i honestly feel like this will be the end of me one day. i have tried EVERYTHING i can, the butterfly foundation, private psychologists, public eating disorder treatment team (they wouldnt even look at me because i had too many other issues) and private clinics arent an option for me at the moment either. i have tried self help i have tried anything and everything i can think of but i am either turned away or it doesnt help i have been living with this for over 15 years and the damamge it has done to my body is ridiculous but because i am overweight anytime i go to anyone they just tell me to eat healthy and loose weight. i dont know what to do except cry and give in to the voice in my head i am too tired to fight it anymore and no one will help me so i might as well just let it take me. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: no one is listening

I'm sorry no one is listening @Eden1919 . Sadly I can relate to not feeling heard. It is so frustrating and distressing when you try so many things and talk to so many people and nothing works hey? I don't really have anything to offer I'm sorry, but I am listening 💙

@LostMummaSloth  thanks it just makes me want to cry because i know i am out of options and it is still destroying me but people just expect me to just be fine and keep going all the time. 

Hey @Eden1919 I'm really sorry you're going through this and have not been given the help you deserve. That is not okay 😞 Eating disorders can be so harmful and they can affect people regardless of their size. There's this idea that EDs are only a problem for a particular group of people but it's not true and it sucks that this gets in the way of people being able to access help. Aw man- telling you to just eat healthy and lose weight 🤦‍♀️ that's like telling someone with depression to smile. Not helpful at all. Is there anything we can do to help? Can I ask- if you could access any kind of help and they actually helped, what would it look like? 15 years is such a long time I'm sorry you've been struggling with this so long 😞 When I struggled with a bit of disordered eating in the past and stopped I was so stressed about the possible health effects even though it was only a small time. I can't even imagine how stressful it would be. Do you have any doctors checking up on the health side of things?

@Sleepy_Catcoon  Idk what the help would look like at this stage part of me feels like it is just too late and that now nothing would work anyway. And no I don’t have a dr monitoring the health issues because it apparently isn’t a problem to anyone else and not worth people’s time I just need to “work harder” apparently. 

hey @Eden1919 it can be so painful feeling that no one is listening to you, especally when it comes to issue that are so so important.

We're sitting with you, we're listening. 

hi @Eden1919  im very short of word at the moment but just wanted to say i hear you and i see you. i would you really like to come back and reply some more when i am in a better head space.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a a tough time. 

Not being listened to is tough. I know how hard it can be too feel invalidated.

Hoping you find some clarity around what you need soon. Sometimes knowing what could help is the hardest part. For me, breaking it down to absolute basics can help sometimes. But I know it isn't always as simple as drinking some water. haha 

- periwinklepixie 

thank you all for listening. I am still struggling a lot with this and i really dont know what else to do except give in. i want to cry this is torture i dont know how i am meant to survive this. i cant stand being in my body. everything is too much. 

Sitting with you as well @Eden1919 . You have been able to survive so far, and I believe you will continue to do so. Even just coming here and talking about it is surviving. Sending many virtual hugs your way Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance