Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

just a summary of my my behaviour today

well today Ive lashed out but not by yelling ,ive lashed out quietly and online instead even thogh at one point today I did want to yell at just anyone a family member or someone I know,at one point today I felt like crying,at another point scoffed potato chips,at other points used the online forums of worry room and safe room to vent,I ended up being completely honest about how I felt about just everything,Ive cancelled a visit with another family member,Ive drove around blasting music in my car and just wanted to keep driving,at times putting my foot down on the pedal,Ive said bad things to family again lashing out maybe acting out even though Im an adult,Ive self loathed today,posted on the forums,stayed at home most of the day untill I did go out driving,Ive complained to family,Ive said Im just not in the mood today,Ive had thoughts of refusing to do anything hence staying at home most the day,is it normal for a adult to litteraly throw a tantrum cause they havnt gotten what they really needed,one positive is I did laugh today at one point for a while and I watched a movie just now,maybe just now my ways of expressing my feelings arnt in the best of ways by lashing out at those I love and maybe I do that instead of asking them for help cause maybe I dont want them to know that I need help or I just dont ask for help so I guess my way for asking for support is to lash out instead then I guess I withdraw again into myself to regret the lashing out,maybe I just really need right now what I cant get someone I want to talk to,emotional support so that I dont feel alone cause Ive felt more and more alone its like what people do give me isnt enough at the mommentI need more of something good,someone listening ,im sorry if I dont make time for you like you deserve,I need you im tearing up a bit as I write this but I am sorry,Ill most likely keep being by myself at the moment rather than lashing out it seems put up and shut up and be quiet is my way of thinking at the momment but I will keep posting on here as needed just not talk to my family cause of my bad behaviour today and thats why Im not visiting that family member now either,so just eat,drink and sleep is the plan,sometimes even when your honest you still cant be seen or heard or maybe its that I dont want to be seen at the moment,in short Im lonely,there was anger today too from myself not others,maybe I dont want people to care for me or I cant handle sometimes when others do want to careI dont let myself see it.LostAngel staying quiet for now

5 REPLIES 5

Re: just a summary of my my behaviour today

Hey @LostAngel ,

You've had a big, emotionally hectic day by the sounds of it. As someone who also has the occasional tantrum and gets easily irritable/overwhelmed as well, I can tell you that it's nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you're able to have some calm and rest tonight, and know that we're here with you Heart

thank you @Jynx I am feeling more calm than before ,am doing better x

Hello, @LostAngel 

I'm reminded of a phrase, 

'Be as upset as you're comfortable being'

The anger you're feeling is likely due to an inability or oversight on some area of your sadness that you aren't willing to let yourself feel, on an emotional level at least. It could be physiological too, if you're modulated by medication, poor diet or lack of exercise. 

Try going for a short walk before eating, it'll help your body work up some hunger as well as provide a connection between working through thought and enjoying a pleasant and well deserved meal. In every case you will have earned something. "Food for thought" literally.

You took the time to write out a detailed message- having faith that you'd be heard, I'd imagine. 

Your faith is worthwhile.

@LostAngel  sending you lots of love HeartHeartHeart

thank you @Powderfinger , @NoLongerATree  I felt calmer last night ,went to bed slept but then woke up at 5am with the urge again to write out my thoughts,so I wrote out exactly what I was thinking about and only then did I again have releif from thoughts and was able to sleep,Ive woke up feeling tired of course but at least I keep trying to be honest with those around me wether it drives them away or not,I just needed to type out my thoughts in the middle of the night in order to switch off,something one of said struck me yes it could be phycological or possibly feelings Im not letting myself feel that are springing up at the momment I think writting to typing out the words is a form of realease and realizing whats bugging me so much thank you for the love Ramble.thank you friendsHeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance